AstroPay Casinos with Instant Withdrawal (2024)
Table of contents
AstroPay is a payment solution that is very commonly accepted by casinos these days. Essentially, what it offers are prepaid cards which can be used to quickly deposit into the account with your favorite casino. There are a lot of reasons why both this method of payment is so readily accepted by egaming companies, and beloved by players. It are quick and convenient, as well as very safe. The article below will examine what the advantages of using it are, how to use it, the fees you'd have to pay AstroPay, as well as other interesting facts about the company behind the cards.
AstroPay is a British company, which was launched in 2009. It has its headquarters in London, considered by many to be the capital of financial innovation. There are many leading payment providers who are operating from there too, like Skrill for instance. Back to AstroPay, it is licensed by the UK authorities to provide digital money services, which ensures the safety of every transaction that takes place with the company.
As far as what kind of payment method AstroPay is, the company provides access to an e-wallet, which can be deposited to using any conventional means of payment. These include credit cards, wire transfers and even other e-wallets. Also, we should mention that you can use several cryptocurrencies to top up your e-wallet. This is an embrace However, if you wish to deposit via AstroPay itself, you will not be making use of the e-wallet directly.
Instead, the app allows you to get a pre-paid card issued. This digital card has a balance which is as high as you assign to it. It has its own details too, which is pretty advantageous. The disposable pre-paid card which you can use is essentially a buffer in front of your valuable personal information leaking. Even though that is something most casinos take measures against, everything can happen. We should also mention the fact that AstroPay does not limit you to just one card you can use too! You can use multiple of them, for instance if you are depositing to different casinos and want to keep track of how much you spend on each.
Additionally, by paying with these cards, you can rack up the special Astro Coins. These can then be used to claim special rewards from the payment provider, which are extremely varied. The rewards are all physical goods, and can anything from sports items like basketballs to mobile phones. This certainly makes the payment provider stand apart from the rest of its competition!
AstroPay Fees and Processing times
|Top up fee
|Card creation fee
A huge advantage of AstroPay, relative to other payment providers, and e-wallets in partcular, is the fact that it does not charge any fees for topping up your account. Creating a pre-paid voucher is also free of any charge. There are no fees relative to depositing with the card to the casino.
Now, it is possible that the casino itself will have certain fees associated with the deposits via AstroPay. That is a very rare thing for houses to implement nowadays, and it is not likely you will have to deal with them either, but it is possible for them to occur.
Another aspect of why the payment provider is so popular has to do with the fast processing times that are associated with it. Most of the payments that are placed can be credited within seconds when it comes to depositing. The casinos that receive the money can have some additional delays you would have to contend with, too, but these are not common either. When it comes to withdrawing, AstroPay charges a fee of 0.5%, and it can take for the payments up to 72 hours to clear to your wallet. These are both excellent conditions, relative to other means of payment which can be slower and take more money.
AstroPay and other payment methods
Here is a quick comparison between AstroPay and two of the other most common payment methods that you could use to deposit to casinos:
|4% top-up fee
|Available in 27 countries
|Available in 131 countries
|Available in 48 countries
Since AstroPay functions like an e-wallet and a prepaid card issuer, it seems it would be most useful to compare it to both kinds of payment methods to see if it comes on top:
- Compared to Skrill, AstroPay features no fees, while the other e-wallet requires you to pay up to 4% on each deposit. On the other hand, Skrill is available in a much higher number of countries – almost five times as many as the ones that you can use AstroPay in. An interesting fact about both companies is that they are British, as we mentioned already.
- The second point of comparison is Paysafecard. This is a leader in digital payments. Notably, the company also features no fees for depositing with it. In fact, the only fees that you could pay via it would be for inactivity, as it might penalize you if you have any unused vouchers. It has a wider availability than AstroPay, but it could be less convenient to get the Paysafecard vouchers, because it accepts less means of payment. On the other hand, you can get the cards from AstroPay nearly instantly.
AstroPay in the news
AstroPay is a company that regularly makes the news. Just in 2023, it has achieved the following important milestones:
- It has launched its services in Peru, which means it has expanded its offerings in South America.
- Following that, the company has also moved to expand its Latin American audience by acquiring a sponsorship with a local sports team – the Club de Universidad de Chille. This team is a local icon in the country.
- Another sports sponsorship was singed in 2023, as the English Premier league team, the Wolverhampton Wolves decided to expand their existing partnership with AstroPay. The company has been the principal partner of the Wolves since 2022.
How to deposit with AstroPay?
Depositing with AstroPay is exceptionally easy. Here is what you need to do, step by step:
- Firstly, you need to download the AstroPay app for your device. The app is free on the AppStore and Google Play.
- Next, if you don't have one, you need an account with the payment provider. You can easily sign up for it, and need to provide the following information: Your names and address, as well as a phone number. We should mention the fact that the number will be verified, so pick a valid one. These are really relaxed conditions for making an account, compared to other providers which might also need additional information.
- After your account is all set up, you would need to actually deposit into it, in order to be able to create your prepaid card and get started. This can be done with over 200 payment methods. As we mentioned already, AstroPay accepts not only credit cards and conventional means of deposit, but also cryptocurrencies. Some crypto casinos, which do so too, let you deposit with them with whatever tokens they accept and AstroPay!
- After you have topped up your account to whatever amount you see fit, you can instantly create a prepaid card. It receives a unique 16 digit code, and can have any amount of funds you wish.
- The next step is where you can actually deposit with the casino you have chosen – provided that it does actually accept this means of payment, of course. Simply navigate to its deposits page and select AstroPay.
- Choose the amount you would like to deposit. As a rule of thumb, the average minimum deposit with most casinos is between $10 and $20.
- After being prompted, you need to insert the 16 digit code we mentioned before. When you submit it and proceed with the payment, the transaction should complete either instantly or within a couple of minutes.
That is all! You can then enjoy your money and play your favorite games with the casino you have just deposited into.
What countries is AstroPay available in?
The most significant drawback to this payment method has to be the rather low amount of countries it is available in. That said, pretty much all of the globe can use AstroPay. It is available in the UK, because it is headquartered there. Players and casino clients from the EU can top up their accounts with the payment method. It can be used in Peru and Chile, as we mentioned in South America. The payment is available in the SEA region too, a region that is often overlooked by the companies which offer such services. Indonesia, Vietnam and Japan are among the countries there which the provider can be used with. The method can even be used in Africa, in Kenya and Nigeria.
In total, the website of AstroPay boasts over nine million users worldwide, and that is no surprise. Naturally, this means the prepaid cards that can be issued are available in a multitude of national currencies – from the GBP to the Indonesian Ringgit and the Naira, the wide number of available currencies means less conversion fee for any player who decides to deposit with AstroPay!