Table of contents
Pikebit is a brand new casino with a focus on cryptocurrencies. That might make it sound like an exciting place to play, but there are unfortunately a lot of online houses with the exact same premise. What's more, there are plenty of issues with Pikebit! For instance, the regulatory status of the casino is not clear. It claims to be licensed, but that cannot currently be verified.
Additionally, the house runs into the issue of having way too little games. We counted around ten game suppliers which it had listed on its website. The library of slots, table games and live gaming experiences you can find is pretty shallow as a result of this lack of suppliers! There are not many promotions either. The casino is lackluster by all accounts, but does that mean you should avoid it? Find out more about Pikebit, its flaws and its upsides in the full review below:
As we mentioned above, the promotions you have access to with this casino are exceptionally limited. Here is what is currently available:
|Cash out limit
|Crypto Welcome Package
|100% up to 250 USDT + 50 spins
Of course, it might be a bit harsh to judge a newly launched house based on the lack of bonuses it offers, and it is possible that this is fixed in the future, as Pikebit grows and adds more promotions to its roster. On the other hand, we have covered many casinos who have just opened their virtual doors, and most of them have a robust bonus policy from the get-go.
Regardless, let's take a look at what Pikebit can currently offer:
- The Crypto Welcome Package is the only welcome bonus one can have access to with the casino. This means that if you cash in via one of the FIAT payment methods it accepts, you will not be able to get any kind of reward for your first deposit. Still, the promotion is quite sizeable. It consists of four bonuses, each of which adds 100% of whatever you have deposited to your account, up to 250 USDT and 50 Free Spins each. This means that, in total, there is 1000 USDT and 200 Free Spins to claim with the casino's Welcome Package. Of course, that is nothing to scoff at! We also find the minimum deposit requirement of 15 USDT to claim any of the bonuses to be quite competitive with what most other casinos demand nowadays. That said, this bonus' wagering requiremen is a bit high, though. Such requirements are commonplace and can be found with pretty much any bonus one has access to nowadays. They simply represent the number of times you have to play through a bonus in order to be able to cash it out. Usually, such promotions have wagering requirements set between 30x and 40x, but this one is at 45x. At least there does not seem to be a cash out limit, though that is not explicitly mentioned in the Terms and Conditions of the casino. We would have liked an explicit confirmation on whether there is or isn't a limit on how much you can win from the package!
This is currently the only bonus you can get by directly depositing with the casino. We should also mention that it has several VIP Bonuses as well. The VIP system here works as follows: There are five levels of accounts. Each of them requires you to have cashed in a certain amount of money within the current month to progress to the next tier. You start at level one, and to climb to level two, you need to cash in 999 USDT or more within a month. However, the issue we have with the system is that you do not retain the level you have reached. On the contrary, if you fail to cash in as much as your current level requires within the month, you will be demoted to the previous one. The perks which you can get for depositing such massive amounts of money are pretty insubstantial. Here is what they are:
- There is a special Wagering requirement for players with higher tiers of accounts. The default wagering requirement is 45x, but the casino lowers it by five every time you level up, except for levels 3 and 4, which have the same 35x wagering requirement, for some reason. This is not internally consistent with the rules of the promotion. Still, at the highest rank, the wagering requirement for the bonuses you receive is just 30x. However, other houses are able to just offer such low requirements for their bonuses by default. We don't see any reason why the casino would need you to cash in a total of 56 000 USDT, which is the total sum of money needed to progress through the whole VIP system, in order to get a reward which is not even that great, comparatively speaking. Also, it is worth pointing out that there are no recurring deposit bonuses at all with the casino – so what is the point of having a lower wagering requirement! The only bonus you can get is the VIP cashback, which we will talk about next. But cashback bonuses usually have way lower wagering requirements in general. They are set between 1x and 3x at most, so even the 30x one the casino sets for its highest account tiers is excessive!
- The VIP Cashback lets you recover between 5% and 10% of your losses from the casino. This sounds good enough, until one realizes that the casino does not actually mention over what period of time the losses are counted, or what the maximum amount you can claim is. Also, the percentage is way too small. As we said before, reaching the top rank with the casino requires a very significant amount of deposits. You can get regular cashback bonuses with other casinos for way less. And, as we also said, their wagering requirements are ten times as low as the lowest they get with Pikebit!
- Finally, there is an Exclusive account manager service. We don't have much to say about this perk. It is commonly included in VIP bonuses, but what you can get out of it, and what the point of the service is at all, is always hard to quantify.
Another big issue with this casino is the fact that its regulation is unverifiable. Here is what it has to say on the topic of its license:
Pikebit claims to be overseen by Gaming Curacao, which has the master license number number 365/JAZ. This might be true, but Gaming Curacao has implemented a Digital seal technology, which any casino licensed by it is required to use. These Seals need to be implemented into the websites of license holders, and they can then be clicked, in order to take the player to the register of the licensing body.
This register displays whether the website and the casino operator are recognized by the license issuer. No such seal was present anywhere on Pikebit's site, so we cannot know whether it is licensed. For what it's worth, we should mention the possibility that the house is licensed, but that it has simply not implemented the seal yet, because of its recent launch. We certainly hope that is the case, because, otherwise, the casino cannot guarantee you the protections you would expect from a licensed house. Here is what those protections are:
- The data you share with casinos nowadays includes a lot of sensitive details about your identity and payments. Houses need to combat money laundering by verifying the identity of their players, of course, but that does leave you vulnerable if that data is leaked. To protect you from that, licensed houses need to implement strict encryption measures, which are designed to ensure no data breach can take place!
- The next crucial protection you would have access to with a licensed casino is the audits which games are required to undergo. Said audits are performed by impartial professionals, hand-picked by the regulatory body. They go over the random number generators which are used to determine the outcomes of the games you can play. That way, any kind of bias towards the house can be found out and easily corrected. Playing with licensed gambling houses means you are playing actual games of chance!
- Next, being a licensed casino means taking problem gambling seriously. Players need to be provided with access to sufficient information on problem gambling and where to seek help for it. Also, they have access to self-exclusion measures, which range from being able to set custom deposit limits, to closing down your account unliterally!
We prefer licensed houses over their unlicensed counterparts in general, but let's get back to the review of Pikebit. The house has several language options for its website, and there are certain jurisdictions where its services are not available. Take a look at both in the following lists:
Languages: English, German, Hindi, Portuguese
Deposit and Withdrawal
Cashing in with Pikebit can be done via a rather narrow range of payment methods and via both FIAT currencies and crypto tokens. Here is an outline of these methods and currencies, as well as the conditions of the casino around using both of them:
Currencies: Tether (USDT), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Brazilian Real (BRL), Indian Rupee (INR)
We should mention that the minimum deposit requirement is exceptionally low across the board. Most casinos demand that you cash in 10 USDT- 20 USDT, but this one lets you bet with as little as 1 USDT. There is also no fees for deposits, but third party charges will be applied. These charges are by the payment provider or the crypto miners which will be processing your transactions, and that is how most casinos nowadays handle them.
Now, let's also take a look at the means of withdrawal:
Once again, the same narrow range of payment methods is available. There is a higher minimum you need to cash out, but that is nothing concerning – it is 20 USDT at worst, which is pretty competitive. And the maximums you can cash out are pretty substantial as well, with the exception of bank withdrawals. Do keep in mind that the casino has set another limit on withdrawals within its Terms and conditions – it is of 0,5 BTC. This is currently higher than the limits set on each of the payment methods individually, but that could always change, as crypto is quite volatile and unpredictable.
We should mention that the casino can impose a 5x wagering requirement for your deposit if you use its services as a crypto mixer. It is very common for houses to set such requirements, and it is also important to do so, in order to combat money-laundering.
There are no withdrawal fees, but third party charges need to be handled by the player, just as we mentioned above. There are no fees for inactivity either, but don't stay inactive! Here is how the casino handles dormant accounts:
We cannot say we are particularly fond of it taking all of the money from such accounts, because most houses charge them a small fee instead!
Games and Game Suppliers
As we mentioned at the start of our review, the casino has a very limited amount of game suppliers. Here is a list of them:
There are some big names among them, but the amount of games is just too low. Still, here is what you can play:
- Slots: Even though the casino does partner with Pragmatic Play, none of the slots by it you might expect are present. You cannot play Big Bass Bonanza, nor, Wolf's Gold. There is a collection of Book Slots but Book of Dead is not available. Worst of all, even though Pikebit features 1-reel, 3-reel and 5-reel slots, Megaways and Jackpot slots, you can only filter the games by some of these mechanics. This makes browsing them more annoying than exciting. We should also mention that the website of the casino is exceptionally slow at times, which can make anyone just throw in the towel and not bother with the Pikebit slots library!
- Table Games: If you are interested in playing virtual and live dealer versions of Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack or Roulettes, this casino can at least deliver here. There is a serviceable collection of live table games in particular, and we like the fact they are avaialble in multiple languages.
- Game Shows: No Pragmatic play slots are available, but at least some the Game Shows of the developer can be accessed via Pikebit. Yet, there are just four of them: Snakes and Ladders Live, Boom City, Sweet Bonanza and Vegas Ball Bonanza. This is better than nothing, but far from what we are looking for in an online casino!
Pikebit is pretty uncompetitive, and we cannot recommend it. Even if it did have a verifiable license, and if it did have more payment methods, the casino would still fail. There is just nothing to play there, and the bonuses it offers are not enticing. Why not check out one of the recommended casinos which actually managed to impress us instead?