Table of contents
Sugar96 is a brand new casino, which seems to target players from Australia. That is because the only currency you can cash in with is the Australian Dollar. But if you are such a player, we cannot recommend you try out the house. It has a great deal of flaws!
For example, this casinos is completely unlicensed. It does not even mention which operator is behind the website that you can play on. Speaking of which, the said website is incredibly poorly designed. It is rather annoying to browse the games of the casino, as a result of that. Additionally, it does not have that many games you can play at all. Of course, an online gambling house without much to do within it makes for a pretty poor gambling experience.
When it comes to payments, both deposits and withdrawals are needlessly restrictive. The casino accepts only two types of means of cashing in or out. What's worse is that a lot of the conditions of the house around these accepted payments are a complete mystery. That is because it simply fails to provide players with any of its legal documentation.
The only redeeming quality of the house is the bonuses it has to offer – these do not offer you that much money, but there are plenty of them, including some freebies. So, if you are interested in Sugar96, best check out the following review to see if its promotions can offset all of its issues:
Here is a list of all of the bonuses this casino offers:
|Cash out limit
|50% up to $500
|Daily Bonus Slot
|10% up to $200
|5% up to $200
|50% of bonus
|Welcome Back Bonus
This is a relatively big amount of promotions! Let's take a look at each of them individually:
- The Welcome Bonus is a special reward for players who make their first deposit. They can get 50% of the cashed in sum, up to 500 AUD. The minimum amount of money which is necessary to obtain the promotion is set to just 20 AUD. That is a fairly low amount, as far as entry costs go. There is also a very low wagering requirement of just 6x, which you need to clear before you can cash out the funds from the bonus. If you are wondering what that means, said requirements are incredibly common nowadays, and simply represent the number of times you need to turn a bonus over prior to withdrawing it. Usually, with competing casinos, these are way higher – 30x to 40x. On the other hand, the promotions are also more significant with the majority of other casinos and they offer higher multipliers for your initial deposit! There is also no information on whether there is a cash out limit, or how high that could be.
- After the previous promotion, there are two Recurring Bonuses which you can claim every day. The first of them is the Daily Bonus Slot. This promotion can be used once every 24 hours, and it adds 10% of a deposit of at least 20 AUD. The maximum you can get is 200 AUD, and the wagering requirement is pretty low – just 3x. However, the multiplier for the bonus is definitely not exciting.
- The second recurring bonus, available on every deposit, is the Unlimited Bonus. It has similar conditions to the previous bonus – a minimum deposit of 20 AUD is required to claim up to 200 AUD. The multiplier for the bonus is way too low, though – it has been set to only 5%, which is just not competitive, even if the wagering requirement is only 2x.
- Additionally, Sugar96 has a couple of what it calls VIP Bonuses. We would struggle to call them that, because the VIP rewards with houses are usually some kind of permanent perk its most loyal players can unlock. This house just grants you a specific amount of money once your total daily deposit reaches a certain amount. The catch is that this amount resets every day, so there is nothing permanent about the bonus. The money you can get ranges from 6 AUD to 33 AUD, and requires a daily deposit between 110 AUD and 500 AUD. Note that you can only withdraw 50% of the bonus money, as per the cash-out limit Sugar96 has imposed! There is a 3x wagering requirement on the bonus.
- The casino has a Welcome Back Bonus, which it does not do a good enough job of describing! The promotion is supposed to give returning players a freebie once they deposit 20 AUD or more. However, we don't know when it can be credited – how long do you need to have been absent before returning to the casino. The amount of money you can get is between 5 AUD and 10 AUD and Sugar96 says it is randomly chosen. There is no information on the wagering requirement and cash out limits tied to the money, though!
Finally, this house has a set of three kinds of bonuses which are tied to introducing people to the casino. It requires you to do so by making posts about it in social media and including your referral link. After you do so, the following bonuses will become available:
- The simple Share Bonus lets you get 5 AUD for every time you share the casino on social media. We are not sure how many times this promotion can be obtained, but we'd be surprised if it wasn't restricted in some way. The wagering requirement of this promotion is not specified, but the cash out limit is set to 10 AUD.
- Next, once you get people to sign up with your referral link and make a deposit, you can get the Referral Bonus itself. The person who you've referred needs to cash in 20 AUD or more for the promotion to be credited to you. As for the bonus itself, it gives you 6 AUD, with a cash out limit of 50 AUD and an unknown wagering requirement.
- Finally, the Referrals commission is the most complex of these three bonuses. Every player you have introduced will contribute to the bonus, which you can claim weekly. This bonus will be calculated as 5% of the losses each of these players makes. The promotion can contribute a decent amount of money to you, but it hinges on your referrals playing on and on and losing more and more. As losing is not particularly fun for any casino player, don't expect them to stick around once they get on a streak! What's more, there's no information on what wagering requirement and cash out limit there are to this money!
This is an unlicensed casino, and there is no information on who runs it. The only nod to regulation can be found on the pages with the bonuses the house offers:
These little logos are of the PAGCOR and of Gaming Curacao (GC). However, there is no way that the casino is licensed by either one of them. For one, it does not provide us with the details of its parent company we could check in the register of the PAGCOR. Secondly. the GC logo should be clickable, in order to lead the viewer to a page in the register of the regulator, where they would be easily able to verify the claims any casino makes.
This is called the GC Digital Seal policy, and it has made it very easy to keep track of which houses are licensed, and which are lying, like this one does. The lack of license does not automatically mean that Sugar96 is up to no good, though. It simply means the house cannot provide you with the excellent set of protections you could expect from a GC-licensed operator. Here is what these are:
- There is a lot of information casinos need, in order to process your deposits and withdrawals. In the case of Sugar96, this includes details about your identity and your bank account. Now, there is nothing inherently wrong with that, but this information leaking would expose you to a significant amount of risk. That is why licensed houses are required to store their players' personal details safely, in order to make sure that kind of issue does not arise.
- Secondly, there are a lot of measures licensed casinos need to take in order to combat problem gambling. They need to provide their players with the necessary resources for them to be able to recognize these tendencies and seek help. They also need to give you the option of filing special self-exclusion requests. These requests can be setting custom deposit and withdrawal limits or even closing down your account.
- There is also a lot of importance placed on the integrity of the games you can play. Licensed houses are required by the regulators they have licenses with to submit the random number generators of their games, the complex mathematical algorithms that are used in order to determine the outcomes of the game, for review. The people who perform the reviews are independent auditors, who are able to ascertain whether there is an undue bias in each of these games or not.
Overall, we generally recommend licensed houses, because of these benefits they have. We are not really put off by the fact that Sugar96 is not a regulated casino as much as we don't like it lying about it!
Here is what languages the website of the casino can be viewed in, and below is a list of the countries where you can't sign up for the casino:
Languages: Chinese, English
Deposit and Withdrawal
Among the issues with this casino is the incredibly limited amount of deposit methods you can use with it – here is what these are:
Currencies: Australian Dollar (AUD)
There are two means of deposit – PayID and bank transfers. The only currency is the Australian dollar, as we mentioned at the start. This is incredibly restrictive, and most modern casinos have a lot more to offer in terms of payment methods they take!
The minimum deposit requirement of 10 AUD is great, as most casinos usually require upwards of 20. We don't expect the casino to charge deposit fees, but it does not have any legal documents where we can confirm or deny this suspicion. However, in general, it is very rare for houses to have such charges. The player just needs to cover the transfer fees which are charged by third parties.
As for what the withdrawal policies of the casino are, here is what we know about them:
Usually, before cashing out, you would be asked to clear a certain turnover. That amount is normally around 1x to 3x the deposit. This is a reasonable thing to demand of players, since it helps combat money laundering. Without any legal documents, we cannot know whether there is such a policy with this house.
The amount of means of withdrawal is still too little. The maximum you can cash out is not known, but the minimum is set to a reasonable amount of 30 AUD. That is what most other houses demand too. On the other hand, with this one having a minimum deposit which is three times as little as the withdrawal requirement, the latter could be made lower.
Once again, we have no information about fees, but don't expect the casino to charge them – instead, we believe that you just need to cover third party charges for these transactions!
Games and Game Suppliers
Here is a list of the game Suppliers we saw on the website of Sugar96:
Game providers: Spade Gaming, Spribe, CQ Gaming, Other
There were a couple of other, lesser known developers, but even with them, the amount of games you can play here is very low. Normally, we expect to see about 50 Game suppliers and their products. Nonetheless, here is what you can play:
- Slots: The Slots you will have access to are things like Open Sesame, Trump Card and Birds Party Deluxe – there are no recognizable names among them, like Big Bass Bonanza.
- Table Games: There are a couple of Table Games you can play, including several live dealer and virtual dealer versions of Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes. The variety is not great, and there are no Game Shows!
- Arcade Games: This section of the casino includes several Crash games like Mines, a Bingo table or two and even Fish Shooting games. It is a fun collection of miscellaneous titles, but it does not manage to make up for everything else the library of Sugar96 is missing.
Overall, Sugar96 is a pretty poor place to bet. Even though it has some great bonuses, we cannot recommend it, on account of the lack of games, the opaque payment policies, the lack of legal documents and the fact it does not have a license. There are better places you could spend your money and have more fun, in a safer environment!