Table of contents
Shotz is an online casino, which has just opened its virtual doors, as of the time of writing. Naturally, this makes the house quite attractive! The newer an online casino is, the higher the odds of it having innovative features and generous bonuses to hand out. However, Shotz is a bit disappointing in this regard. It is pretty generic, as far as the services it offers, and we were never surprised by them at all. That is evident even from the website of the casino itself, which lacks any specific theme, or any kind of fun mascot!
And yet, Shotz is not all bad. In fact, it might be what you are looking after, too. The casino is small and lacking in ambition, but signing up there is very fast and convenient. The games it offers are definitely too few, but if you are looking to kick back and enjoy some of your favorite Slots, this is a good enough place to do so. The house also has the benefit of being licensed, which adds a layer of security to its services.
If you are interested in checking it out, however, you need to know a couple of things about the casino. Read on as we explore everything we just mentioned and more in the full review of the house below:
The list of promotions with Shotz is comparatively short. The house offers two welcome bonuses and a couple of recurring promotions. Here is an outline of what they stand to offer the player:
|Cash out limit
|Casino Welcome Bonus
|100% up to €500
|Live Casino Welcome Bonus
|100% up to €500
|Dep Some Get Some
|Slotz Loyalty Program
Before we examine the promotions one by one, we'd like to mention that they each have the same wagering requirements, as per the Terms and Conditions of the casino. Wagering requirements represent the number of times you need to play through a bonus before you can withdraw it, and are a common part of any promotion you might get nowadays. They are usually between 30x and 40x, with this house not being an exception and setting its requirements to 40x for the Bonus money it hands out. The winnings from the Free Spins with the casino have a smaller wagering requirement of just 30x, which is pretty great!
There is also no cash out limit on any of the bonuses. Cash out limits are also pretty common nowadays, and some casinos implement them to restrict how much you can win with the bonus money which has been handed to you. Of course, them not being present here is quite beneficial to the player! We would like to mention that, despite the lack of limits on winnings, the house still sets an expiration rate on its Free Spins. You have just 24 hours to use them or lose them! Now, let's take a look at each bonus by themselves:
- The Casino Welcome Bonus is a pretty generous promotion, which you will have access to during your first time cashing in. The minimum deposit requirement for it is just €20, which is relatively low as far as these bonuses are concerned. The promotion adds 100% of the funds you've cashed in, up to a maximum of €500, as well as 200 Free Spins. These Free Spins are credited to your accounts in batches of 20 each day. And each batch is for a different game too! We like that about the promotion, as it means the player will be able to explore new games and maybe find a new favorite title!
- There is another promotion which can be picked instead of the previously discussed one – the Live Casino Welcome Bonus. It works in the same way as the Welcome bonus, with the important distinction that it does not offer Free Spins. At the same time, it grants you a pretty sizeable 100% bonus of up to €500, which can be used on any of the live-dealer table games or Game shows which are hosted by the casino.
- Thirdly, there is an innovative promotion called Super Shots. The house has created a category of Slot games which is called Super Shotz. Playing them adds-up your winnings to a separate wallet in your account. Of course, you are free to cash them out, or you might wait around until the promotion starts. Super Shotz lets you play bonus rounds with these funds, enabling you to receive enhanced winnings of up to 20x what you would normally get. It is a bit unclear what the maximum amount of money you can win from this bonus is, but the wagering requirement is 30x. As we said before, that is a decently fine condition!
- There are a couple of bonuses under the same name – Dep Some Get Some. They all give you Free Spins once you deposit a certain amount of cash. There is a bonus which gives you 20 Spins if you deposit €20, one which grants you 10 on a deposit of €10 and so on. What's curious about these promotions is that we could only find them from the Deposits page, as they were not listed on the Bonuses page. This means they are probably quite recently launched at the time of writing. Despite this, from the Terms and Conditions of the casino, we know their wagering requirement is the same as the ones we discussed above.
- Last but not least, there is a poorly defined VIP incentive, called Shotz Loyalty Program which you can become a member of. The issue with it is the fact that it is not clear how you can do so – whether you need to deposit a certain amount of funds, whether your account need to reach a certain age and so on. It is also not particularly clear what you can get from it – Shotz mentions there are casino bonuses and physical rewards, but this is an incredibly vague statement! Overall, we like casinos which reward their most dedicated players, but some more information about how this one does so would be nice!
Here is what Shotz has to say about its regulation:
The casino claims that it is licensed by Gaming Curacao (GC), which is one of the most popular bodies for casino operators to obtain licenses with. Before we examine why that is the case, we'd like to show you how we verified that the casino was actually regulated. First off, you should know that every house which has a GC license implements a digital seal on their website. Here is what that seal looks like:
It can be clicked on, which brings the player to the following page:
This page is the entry from the register of the GC about the casino operator, which shows that Shotz runs on a verified and approved domain! So, there is no doubt that we are dealing with a licensed casino, and that is great. Regulation is among the most important aspects of a house, and we are happy this casino takes it seriously. But what does it mean that it is licensed, and why is the small Caribbean nation of Curacao the default regulatory jurisdiction for most casinos these days?
Well, there are four master-license issuers in the country, and they all have their own specific rules. We'd say they have managed to strike a pretty unique balance between the interests of the players and casino operators, providing protections for the former, without stifling innovation in the latter. Here are the specific protections you will have access to by playing with a Curacao-licensed casino:
- Firstly, by playing with licensed houses, you can be sure that their games are fair. How does regulation achieve that? Well, each casino game, except live dealer table games, uses a random number generator. These generators are complex mathematical algorithms which produce the outcome of every bet. That is why regulators demand casinos submit them for audits. Said audits are performed by independent professionals, hand-picked by the regulatory body itself. They can certify that there is no bias in any of the games, and that you are playing actual games of chance!
- Secondly, by playing with a casino, you need to share a lot of personal data with the house. This data is required in order to perform various KYC checks and overall make sure there is no illicit activity like money laundering going on at the casino. It is very important to combat financial crime, but this information leaking out would be pretty disastrous for you. That is why casinos are required to store it safely, using some of the best encryption protocols available to them these days!
- Last but definitely not least, regulators pay a lot of importance to the safety of the player themself, and provide you with a lot of options if you are battling problem gabling. First off, houses are required to provide their players sufficient information for them to be able to diagnose this behavior, and to know where to see help for it. What's more, there are specific measures you can use, in order to ensure your exposure to the casino is limited. These include custom deposit limits, time out warnings, or reality checks, and even the ability to close down your account!
We are happy with the fact that Shotz is licensed. However, let's get back to covering it. The website of the casino can be viewed in two languages:
Languages: English, Norwegian
Note that the Norwegian translation is pretty incomplete, and only the Deposits, Withdrawals and Bonuses page are fully translated to the language. Also, here is a list of the countries where the casino does not accept new players from:
Deposit and Withdrawal
Cashing in with Shotz can be done with either credit cards or crypto. This is not enough – we generally expect to see a great variety of payment methods from the houses we cover, from e-wallets, to bank transfers and sometimes even e-vouchers. Nonetheless, the house does not actually have much to offer in terms of its payment methods. With credit cards being restricted in certain jurisdictions, player might be stuck with cashing in via crypto, which might be too complex for some to deal with. Still, here is what depositing with the house looks like, and what currencies it accepts:
Currencies: Euro (EUR), Norwegian Krone (NOK)
The minimum deposit amount is just €10, and that is good enough. There are no fees, but players will need to cover the third party charges from the payment processor. Note that, in the case of crypto transactions, these are miner fees, which apply any time you move any token.
Now, let's take a look at the withdrawal conditions which are not so great:
|up to 5 days
|up to 5 days
Before we start off with them, the casino needs you to wager your deposited funds twice or more in order to cash them out. That is a common enough AML policy, and the least of the issues with the withdrawal methods here!
The minimum cash out amount is about as much as we expected to see – €20. The maximum of €4000 is decent enough too. So where is the issue? Well, the casino has a long processing time for withdrawal requests and claims you might have to wait up to five days for them to clear, which is pretty much unacceptable nowadays.
We should also mention that there are fees for withdrawals, which Shotz charges, as per the following clause:
There is no legitimate reason why any casino nowadays would charge withdrawal fees, no matter how many withdrawals the player performs! Add to this the high third party fees, inherent with both bank transfers and crypto payments, the only means of cashing out from the casino, and you will see why we consider its withdrawals policy to be downright terrible.
There is also a fee for inactive accounts:
Now this is a standard enough charge, and its size is not excessive, so we are not complaining about it!
Games and Game Suppliers
Here is a list of all the Game Suppliers which this casino has partnered with:
This list is way too short! Most casinos nowadays have up to 50 Suppliers featured in their game libraries and sometimes even more, so why does Shotz fail to live up to that? Still, there are some pretty big names among the ten or so developers we listed, so here is what you will be able to play at the casino:
- Slots: There are a good amount of slots, and even some recognizable games like Big Bass Bonanza, Gates of Olympus, Book of Dead, Starbust Wolf's Gold and many others. The slots are divided in several categories, and we especially like the fact that there is a separate section for New games to explore. Other than it, you can find Megaways or the Top slots of the casino, in their own sections of the website. We should also mention the Livespins feature. There is a streaming platform within the casino, which lets you watch several different streamers and place the same bets as them, if you feel like it. This is a rather unique feature, which is worth checking out!
- Table Games: There is a decent amount of Table games, and you can find live dealer versions of all of your favorite casino classics, like Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack, Roulettes, Sic Bo and so on. There are some virtual dealer games, too, if you prefer playing those.
- Game Shows: In the Live casino tab, there are also a couple of exciting Game shows you can take part in – Monopoly Live, Crazy Time, Cash or Crash and more.
Shotz is a decent enough casino, but we are really not fond of its withdrawal policies. That is why we will not be recommending the house – but if you can live with its limited payment methods and possible cash out fess, there are worse places to be too!