Table of contents
RainBet is a new online casino and sportsbook with a focus on cryptocurrencies. However, it is far from the only online gambling house running under such a premise. And what's more, it seems like it was launched before it was actually ready!
For instance, at the time of writing, there's no way to actually access the sportsbook. The house says it's under maintenance. Additionally, the range of games you can play here is very shallow overall. They are sourced from 15 Game suppliers in total, which is nowhere near enough. That is also true about the payment methods – RainBet only accepts crypto and gift cards.
On the other hand, we can also say that RainBet does have a couple of advantages as well. Most of all, it is a licensed house, which means players are entitled to a certain amount of protections. Secondly, even though there are barely any deposit methods to speak of, the casino does have very low minimum cash in and out amounts.
So, overall, it seems difficult to either recommend playing at this casino or avoiding it. In order to be able to give it a conclusive rating, we need to take a deeper look. Let's do just that, starting with the Welcome bonuses of the house:
There are definitely not enough promotions here. Sure enough, RainBet lets you pick between two welcome offers. But after you are done with them, there's no Recurring promotions to claim with subsequent deposits. In fact, the casino only has a confusing and ill-defined Referral bonus. Here are the promotions one can claim with the house, at a glance:
|Cash out limit
|First Wager Deposit bonus
|100% up to $700 + 20 spins
|Second Wager Deposit bonus
|50% up to $700 + 20 spins
|Third Wager Deposit bonus
|100% up to $700 + 20 spins
|No Wager Lock First Deposit Bonus
|100% up to $700
The Welcome offers are either the Wager Deposit Bonuses or the No Wager Lock bonus. Let's go over them in more detail, starting with the former:
Firstly, there are three Wager Deposit Bonuses. They can be claimed over the course of the first three deposits you make with the casino. According to the Terms and Conditions of RainBet, these deposits need to be of $30 or more. So, it's here that we run into the first problem with the promotional conditions. The required entry cost is just too high. Usually, such promotions allow you to claim them with $20 at most.
There is a wagering requirement to the bonuses, which means you need to play through them a certain amount of times to cash out. For every promotion that is set to 40x. Such requirements are not really problematic, though. They are pretty much inseparable from casino bonuses nowadays. Usually, they are found in the range of 30x to 40. So, while it's true that RainBet is within what we'd consider the acceptable range for these promotions, its towards the high end of said range.
Finally, before we examine each of these promotions we would also like to point out that the casino does not actually have anything to say about whether there is or isn't a cash out limit to them. Such limits are routinely implemented by casinos, in order to restrict how much players can win from the bonuses. By themselves, they are not really unfair per se, but we would have liked RainBet to be clear and explicit about whether they are applicable. Now, here ate three bonuses:
- The First Wager Deposit Bonus is calculated as 100% of whatever you initial deposit with the house, as long as its at least $30. There is a maximum limit, too – of $700. The bonus comes with 20 Free Spins for Sweet Bonanza – a popular slot by Pragmatic play.
- Then, you can get the Second Wager Deposit Bonus, which is pretty much identical to the previous promotion. However, it is of 50% of the qualifying deposit. Otherwise, the maximum is the same and you can even get Free Spins for the same game!
- Lastly, the Third Wager Deposit Bonus rounds out the promotion. This is a carbon copy of the First bonus, and it has a 100% multiplier for your funds. Needless to say, there are also the 20 Spins, too, available on Sweet Bonanza.
The No Wager Lock Bonus is the alternative to this package of bonuses. It can only be claimed once, and has the same minimum deposit requriement of $30. We still consider this excessive. What does the promotion grant you? The same 100% boost for your initial deposit, up to $700. It does not have Free Spins.
The main difference between the two welcome offers is the fact that this bonus has a different way you can cash it out. Instead of having access to the entire bonus once you clear its wagering requirement, this promotion can be withdrawn in installments. You can cash out 1% of the bonus, times 20%, times the sum of the bet you make with it. This is a needlessly complicated calculation. The casino lets toy withdraw 0.2% of every wager with the bonus. Wagering $100 will let you withdraw 20 cents and so on. That's a bit underwhelming, and you will have to wager the whole bonus a lot longer than 40x to be able to withdraw it. On the other hand, you might prefer that way of cashing out. Ultimately, whichever of the two bonuses you pick will have to depend on what wagering method you prefer.
One important feature of both Welcome Offers is that them being active disables any game in the catalog of the casino with an RTP over 97.4%. Now, it would be fine for the house to make bets on these games not count towards wagering. However, it's not fair for it to limit what you can play. We consider that policy to make these Offers much less compelling.
After you are done with your bonus of choice, though, the casino features its confusing Referral bonuses. All we know about them is that you can set a unique referral link for your account. When you introduce other players to the casino with the link, you can get some sort of commission from them. We have no idea whether that is a flat amount of cash you get one time, or a percentage of their wins and losses. There are way too many ways in which this policy can be structured, and RainBet explains nothing about it in its Bonus terms. So, we wouldn't bother with it.
The promotional structure of the house could really use a Recurring deposit bonus or two. These promotions can be obtained on a regular and predictable basis and are a much better reward for the player than whatever commission you can get. A VIP program would be nice too. As it stands, though, the bonuses of RainBet are just not competitive at all, and players seeking lucrative promotions will need to look elsewhere.
The best aspect of the services of the casino has to be its regulation. Here's what RainBet has to say on the important matter of its license:
According to the paragraph we showed you, the casino is licensed in Curacao, by one of the four regulators there, called Gaming Curacao (GC). This is one of the most common jurisdictions for casinos to set up in nowadays. And the reason for that is the lax regulation, which allows casinos to offer higher bonuses and newer games. At the same time, though, there are also a good deal of protections for the player, too.
But how can we verify that RainBet is actually licensed? Well, another benefit of the regulatory policies of the GC is the requirement for license holders to implement the Digital Seal of the regulator within their websites. The seal is visible in the previous screenshot – it is the purple logo to the bottom right corner. Clicking on it leads to the following page in the register of the GC:
This is the license of RBGAMING N.V. – the operator of this casino. The domain of the casino is also verified to belong to the license owner. All of that means you can expect the full range of protections you are entitled to for playing in GC-licensed houses! Here is what those are is:
- The data you share with any casino is very sensitive. That is because it includes personal information about you, where you live, your phone number and more. And if you have passed a KYC check, it will also include pictures of your ID, credit cards and other such details about yourself which you don't want to fall into the hands of hackers! License issuers have long realized that its crucial to protect the player from data leaks, and have therefore implemented a robust set of measures, which demand casinos encrypt all of this information. It also needs to be encrypted with some of the toughest protocols out there, making leaks and data breaches very rare.
- There is also a set of measures which are dedicated to protecting you from developing problem gambling tendencies. Licensed houses promote responsible gambling and offer places where you can seek help for free. They also allow you to take control of your spending directly, by setting custom deposit limits, or enabling timeout warnings. There is also the ability to close down your account, if you need to do so.
- Thirdly, the games you can play with licensed casinos are verifiably far. Here's what that means: Every casino game nowadays has a random number generator. This generator is responsible for determining the outcomes of bets you place. In essence, it is just a very complex mathematical algorithm. It is pretty much impossible for regular players to know how these generators work. So, license issuers have mandated casinos submit them to professional auditors, who are able to see if the rates at which you get payouts are actually as high as they are supposed to be. That way, you can be sure that the return rates of the games are not manipulated at all.
Overall, we are very happy that RainBet is a licensed casino. We advocate playing with such houses over their unregulated counterparts in general. However, let's get back to our review, and the language options of the RainBet website:
Languages: English, Portuguese
Considering the house accepts players from a wide range of jurisdictions, we would have liked to see more translations of its website! Speaking of jurisdictions, here's a list from the countries which RainBet does not accept players from:
Deposit and Withdrawal
Depositing and withdrawing from the house is mainly possible via crypto. We should also mention that it allows you to cash in with gift cards. However, instead of allowing you to use PaysafeCard, Flexepin, CashToCode as card issuers, it directs you to the website of Kinguin. That is a far less known gift card issuer. Still, you can buy its virtual e-vouchers online, with a range of payment methods, like credit cards. There is a fee by Kinguin for issuing the cards, though, which makes it less appealing. So, let's take a look at the deposit conditions for crypto:
Currencies: Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin (BTC), Tether (USDT), Ethereum (ETH), US Dollar (USD)
Please note that, no matter what cryptocurrency you cash in, the account base currency is the US Dollar. This means you will have to deal with the conversion rates and fees between digital currencies and FIAT for every deposit. And since most crypto assets are very volatile, we recommend sticking to USDT.
Deposits to the casino have to be at least $10, which is fairly low, and do not seem to have a maximum amount. Cashing in will incur third party charges in the shape of miner fees and exchange fees, which you will be required to cover. Casinos always leave these transaction fees to the player. However, RainBet could have spared you the exchange fees if it opened accounts in cryptocurrencies.
We would have also liked to see more payment methods available overall. Just crypto and e-vouchers does not cut it! The best casinos out there also let you deposit in multiple e-wallets, credit cards and even localized payment solutions.
Let's take a look at withdrawals too. Unlike deposits, those are only available via crypto:
There is a wagering requirement to clear before cashing out, of 1x your deposit amounts. If you fail to do so, you will have to pay a certain withdrawal fee, which RainBet does not specify. This is a common AML policy, which does not bother us, and one can actually find similar policies with any casino these days.
Furthermore, we should mention that the minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts are the same – $10. That's generally a fairly small amount too. But you will not be able to withdraw the full size of what you have deposited, and that's because of the same exchange fees and processing charges you need to deal with.
What's more, the internal processing times for withdrawals from this casino are a mystery. Crypto cash outs are generally very fast, but we don't like not knowing how long RainBet will take to approve the transfer in the first place.
Finally, there does not seem to be an inactivity fee. Even though the Terms and Conditions of the casino do mention dormant accounts, these are not defined, and no fee is placed on them. Such penalties for not logging in are common with casinos these days, and usually kick in after 12 months of inactivity.
Games and Game Suppliers
We mentioned at the start of our review that the casino has an exceptionally small amount of Game suppliers it has partnered with. We expect to see around 50 developer names in the library of any newly launched house, but that's not the case here. Instead, RainBet features under 20 of them. Here is what all of these suppliers are:
Game providers: AvatarUX, BGaming, Big Time Gaming, Endorphina, Evolution, Fantasma, Hacksaw, NetEnt, NetGame, Nolimit City, Play'n GO, PragmaticPlay, Print Studios, Red Tiger Gaming, Relax Gaming, Retro Gaming, Spinomenal, Thunderkick, Wazdan, Zillion
Among them are some pretty major names, which are broadly recognized in the industry, like Pragmatic Play and NetEnt. So, let's take a look at the games library:
- Slots: Games like Big Bass Bonanza, Dark Summoning, Book of Dead, Sweet Bonanza, Wolf's Gold and more are available. However, the Slots are a bit disorganized and there's no way to filter them by their themes or mechanics. This makes finding what you want to play annoying. Not to mention that there are less games in total than what we expected to see, too.. So no matter the fact that RainBet has some pretty good titles, we cannot say its library of slots impressed us.
- Table Games: As with almost any modern online casino, RainBet offers access to Table games. These include classics like Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack, Roulettes and more, playable with either live or virtual dealers. We have no notes here!
- Game Shows: The Live gaming tab of the house features classic game shows like Funky Time, Crazy Time, Sweet Bonanza: Candyland, Crazy Coin Flip and so on. Once again, we have no notes on them.
- Originals: RainBet has developed a series of original Crash Games, styled after Plinko and Aviator. This is great, but we wish the house did have a bit more instant win games to offer as well.
The Sportsbook with the casino does not seem to be online as of the time of writing. So we can only hope that it is launched soon, and features fun games to play!
Overall, this is not the best casino out there. It is not the worst one either, but given how many online gambling houses can just offer you a better service, we cannot recommend playing in RainBet. Instead, browse our other reviews for a better alternative. Finding one shouldn't be hard!