Table of contents
Lux is a pirate-themed casino which has launched in 2023. This makes it fairly recent at the time of writing, and that might sound exciting to you. Unfortunately, this is not a casino we can recommend. It has too many issues – for instance, there are not enough deposit methods. The house only takes crypto, which is not all that uncommon, but it always leads to the same outcome, of players who dont know how to deal with these payment methods, or might simply not want to, being left out. Other issues with Lux include a rather limited umber of games you can play, as well as an unclear regulatory status.
On the other hand, it would be wrong to say that the casino is all bad. There are several aspects about it which are actually relatively good. For instance there is a very low minimum amount you need to deposit, and the bonuses on offer are pretty competitive. So, it seems like whether Lux is a good place to play or not is not so cut and dry. There is a lot more to say about it, and we will go over its advantages and disadvantages in the full review of the casino below, so here is everything you need to know:
The table below includes all of the bonuses you can get with this casino:
|Cash out limit
|No Deposit Bonus
|First Deposit Bonus
|100% up to $1000
|50x the bonus
|20% Deposit Bonus
|20% up to $100
|50% Deposit Bonus
|50% up to $100
|Want NFT Bonus
As we said, these are all fairly generous, and there is even a No Deposit Bonus! So, let's take a closer look into each of them:
- The No Deposit Bonus we mentioned is a large bundle of Free Spins. Most casinos don't offer more than 20 or 30 spins as part of this kind of promotion, but Lux has surpassed them. What's great about No Deposit Bonuses is the fact that they let you experience what the house has to offer, right after signing up. The only issue we see with this promotion is that there is a fairly low maximum cash out limit of $1. So there is just not much to gain from playing through the bundle. That makes trying to fulfil its wagering requirement a bit less stressful, if anything! Said requirement is to wager the profits from the Spins 50 times. When it comes to such No Deposit Bonuses, most houses demand a wager of 60x to 80x, so Lux is less restrictive.
- After you've played through the previous promotion, you can get the First Deposit Bonus. Notably, you can do so with a minimum deposit of only $5, while you would normally be required to cash in $10 to $20. The bonus itself adds 100% of the cashed in sum, up to a maximum of $1000. There is a wagering requirement of 40x, which you need to clear before you can withdraw any of the promotional funds. Similar promotions tend to require the player wager their bonus between 30x and 40x, so Lux is within line with the promotion. There is a cash out limit of 50x the bonus, which is comparatively high as well.
- There are two Recurring Deposit Bonuses, which can be used any number of times. What makes them great is that they both require you to deposit relatively little to claim. The 20% Deposit Bonus has a minimum cash in requirement of $5, while the 50% Deposit Bonus has one of just $10. Both promotions also feature other great benefits, like a very relaxed wagering requirement of 25x. Compared to the 30x to 40x range we mentioned above, Lux is very competitive. The promotions also have a maximum of $100 which is up for grabs. We suspect there is a cash out limit. All the promotions so far had similar restrictions, but there is no mention of that on the relevant page of Lux's website.
- Lastly, there is an odd bonus called Want NFT. However, it is not made clear what the bonus actually is. Lux claims that it is another No Deposit Bonus, which adds up to $100 to your account. It does not mention how you can claim the promotion, or what it has to do with NFTs. Regardless, the maximum you can claim from it seems to be $100, and there is a 40x wagering requirement for the money. If this is really another No Deposit Bonus, that would be pretty great. It is not specified whether the bonus has a cash out limit at all either. We suspect it might – that is the case with most other bonuses too!
There are Tournaments which Lux lets players take part in too. These are not really bonuses in the strictest sense of the word, because they require you to put in some work to claim them. However, they represent a good chance to win up to $1000. The rules of these Tournaments are simple – you can compete with other players, in order to see who can score the most on a specific game during the runtime of the Tournament. Most of the competitions at the time of writing lasted for about a week, but you need to check with Lux to make sure whether that is still the case. The winnings from each Tournament are also generally free from any kind of restriction, like a wagering requirement or a cash out limit.
We are uncertain whether Lux is licensed. Here is what it has to say about its regulation:
The company is supposedly under the oversight of Gaming Curacao (GC). This can be checked quite easily, since the casinos it has licensed are required to implement its Digital Seal on their websites. Said Seal is visible in the previous screenshot, it is the colorful GC logo. It can be clicked, which leads players to the following page:
This is the register of the GC, which highlights the fact that the parent company of the casino is actually licensed. However, the domain which it operates from has not been approved by the regulator. There are several possible explanations about why that is, but we consider it most likely that the parent company behind the casino has just not submitted the domain the house is hosted on for approval. Since an unlicensed operator would not be able to implement a Digital seal at all, Lux is clearly connected to a firm which has a license. Still, we would have liked a more stern confirmation of that!
GC is one of four master license holders, which have been granted the power by the Curacao government to regulate its egaming sector. These four have created a robust regulatory environment, in which casinos can flourish without being stifled, while their players can benefit from several important guarantees and protections. We'd like to highlight some of these said protections:
- Firstly, the integrity of the games with licensed casinos is verified by independent auditors. These auditors are hand-picked by the regulators so there can be no conflict of interest. They go over the complex mathematical algorithms which games use to determine the outcome of every bet. As you can see, any kind of bias in them can be found out relatively easily!
- Secondly, each casino needs to collect tons of player data in order for it to comply with the strict KYC and AML policies which regulators impose. These are important in fighting financial crime, but they also lead to a lot of information potentially being exposed by hackers, or leaking. To prevent that, licensed houses need to store their players' data using some of the strictest encryption measures out there!
- Thirdly, there is a series of measures which licensed houses need to undertake, in order to reduce the spread and effect of problem gambling. From providing information on what the problem looks like, to offering helplines to players who realize they have it, casinos need to have a wealth of knowledge on the issue easily available to players, to comply with regulation. They also need to offer self exclusion options to every player too – these can be the ability to opt in to deposit limits, time our warnings, or even close down your account. You have all of these options, and license holders need to respect you opting into them!
These are just some of the reasons why it is great to play with licensed casinos. However, let's get back to covering Lux – there are two languages its website can be seen in:
Languages: English, Russian
There is a bit of an issue here, with the English version of the website not being as fleshed out as we would have liked to see it. Some of the pages are only available in Russian, which makes learning about certain bonuses pretty difficult!
On another note, here are the countries from where Lux does not accept new sign ups:
Deposit and Withdrawal
The payment policies with this casino are truly a mixed bag! There is only one method of payment – crypto. We mentioned that being pretty lackluster and we'd like to elaborate on that point. Firstly crypto has a lot of complexity compared to traditional means of depositing, which means players who've never used it might not be able to. Secondly, due to the same complexity, others might not even want to try to use crypto as a means of deposit! Thirdly, even houses which have a big focus on crypto and offer exclusive bonuses for it and so on usually offer at least one or two FIAT means of payment alongside it.
So, we are definitely not happy with the means of payment available. And yet, their conditions are fairly competitive – here is what they look like:
Currencies: Tether (USDT), Russian Ruble (RUB), Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC)
The minimum deposit is just $2, which is incredibly low when compared to the industry average of $10 to $20! There are no fees either, but you will need to cover the miner fees. Such fees are present in nearly all crypto transfers, and are another reason why having more deposit options would have been great.
Now, let's check out the withdrawal policies too:
|up to 24 hours
|up to 24 hours
Before you can request to cash out, you need to wager your deposited funds at least once. That is a common policy with most casinos, which is designed to fight money laundering. In other words, we do not consider this unfair to the player. If you have failed to clear this requirement, you'll then have to pay a fee of 8% the withdrawal amount or $4, whichever is higher.
There are two means of cashing out with Lux – credit cards and crypto. Each of them has a minimum withdrawal requirement of $10, which is still fairly low. The maximum you can cash out is $5000 per week if you have won more than 10x your total amount of deposited funds and $10 000 if you have not. Both of these are decently high limits.
What we are certainly not fans of is the 2.5% withdrawal fee charged for credit card payouts. There is no reason why the casino should need to be compensated for them, especially since crypto withdrawals are free from that charge. Do note that they will still have certain miner fees apply to them!
Finally, there is also a fee for inactivity:
This is a more sensible reason to charge the player, and we are not surprised to see this kind of fee. Its size is nothing out of the ordinary either.
Games and Game Suppliers
Here's a list of the Game Suppliers we saw mentioned on the website of the casino:
Game providers: Push Gaming, TrueLab, Amatic, Playson, Evolution, Wazdan, Kalamba, Skywind, GameArt, Spinomenal, 3 Oaks, Belatra, Spribe, Reevo, Ezugi, Gamzix, PragmaticPlay, XPRO Gaming, Amigo Gaming, BGaming, Iron Dog Studio, Slotmill, Smartsoft Gaming, OneTouch, Vivo Gaming, Thunderkick, Nolimit City, Endorphina, Betsoft, Blueprint, Golden Race, Yggdrasil, Igrosoft, Play'n GO, Tom Horn, Quickspin, Other
Even though lower than the average of around 50 Suppliers, this is a decent enough catalog. Here is what you can play from these developers:
- Slots: This is the biggest category of games with the casino, and features gems like Big Bass Bonanza, Book of Dead, Wolf's Gold, Gates of Olympus as well as many others!
- Table Games: There is no casino which would be complete without these games, and you can play virtual dealer versions of Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes at Lux, as well as join a Live Dealer table.
- Game Shows: There are several Game Shows which are also available. These include Crazy Time, Mega Wheel and Sweet Bonanza Candyland, as well as other televised casino experiences.
This is a rather lackluster casino all around. We would not recommend it on account of its limited payment methods as well as the comparatively small amount of games you can even play. There are simply better, more convenient and fun options to check out!