Table of contents
Gplay is a brand new online gambling hall, focused on delivering the Brazilian player with both casino games like Slots and also Sports betting. We say this house is focused on players from Brazil because the only way to sign up for it is to have a valid ID from the country. What's more, even though the website is available in several languages, it is mainly translated to Portuguese.
This means that Gplay has a rather limited scope from the get-go, and we don't believe it is the best place for even the players it does accept. That is on account of several areas in which we consider it to be startlingly uncompetitive to what other casinos can offer nowadays. For instance, its games library only has one or two Games suppliers in it. We would be surprised it there were even 500 titles in total there, while other casinos have thousands.
There are also some issues with the bonuses of the casino, which we consider to not be described in enough detail. There's no way to know the wagering requirement of some of the promotions, for once!
However, there are also some great aspects to the casino too – it has a very low minimum deposit requirement, and is quite generous in its bonuses. For the crypto enthusiasts, there is also a special token that Gplay issues, which you can use to bet there as well. Overall, there is quite a lot to say about this house. Join us in the full review of it below, which will examine all of its most significant advantages and downsides:
Here is a brief outline of what bonuses are available with this casino:
|Bonus||Min deposit||Max bonus||Wagering requirements||Cash out limit|
|Casino Welcome Bonus||10 BRL||20% up to 300 BRL + 10 spins||1x||None|
|Sports Welcome Bonus||20 BRL||100% up to 300 BRL||5x||None|
|Spins Welcome Bonus||30 BRL||150 spins||Unspecified||None|
|Triple Spins||50 BRL||1500 spins||Unspecified||None|
|Champion's bet||20 BRL||100% up to 50 BRL||4x||None|
|Top Up Deposit Bonus||30 BRL||30% up to 150 BRL||Unspecified||None|
We'd like to start off with the three different Welcome Bonuses which the player can pick from when they cash in for the first time:
- The first of them is the Casino Welcome Bonus. What's notable about it is definitely the low entry cost. Nowadays, you would be expected to come up with between $10-$20, while Gplay demands only 10 BRL from its players – about $2! The promotion offers 20% of the cashed in sum, up to 300 BRL, which is not a significant multiplier. There are 10 Free Spins on top, which is a rather small reward too. However, there is a very low wagering requirement for it of 1x the deposit. Such requirements are a common part of the promotional structure of any casino. They represent the number of times you need to wager a bonus before you can withdraw it and are usually much higher than this, around 30x to 40x at least!
- Secondly, the Sports Welcome Bonus is available for players who intent to use the Sportsbook of the casino. This is another bonus with a low entry cost requirement, and you need to deposit just 20 BRL to grab it. In turn, the promotion will add 100% of that sum, up to 300 BRL back to your account, to play with! Once more, it has a relatively low wagering requirement – 5x. Sports bonuses tend to have their own range for these – 5x to 10x, with only some of the bets counting towards achieving that. In the case of Gplay, only games with odds over 2 which you can bet on will be counted towards that.
- The last of these three bonus offerings is the Spins Welcome Bonus. Compared to the other two promotions, it has the highest minimum deposit requirement of 30 BRL. However, that is still way under what most other houses set for their players in general! As for what this bonus offers, it provides the player with between 50 and 150 Free Spins. The minimum deposit gets you the lowest bundle, but if you cash in 50 BRL or more, you are eligible to receive the higher amount of money listed above! What we don't like about the bonus so much is the fact that the casino does not list its wagering requirement at all. As we said, the range these requirements are in is usually around 30x to 40x. It is possible that Gplay is within that, or anywhere below or above it!
Once you play through the promotion you've picked from the three different alternative Welcome bonuses, you will have access to several deposit incentives that are up for grabs an indefinite amount of times. Let's take a look at these Recurring Bonuses:
- The Triple Spins is the most ambitions promotion with Gplay. It allows you to claim up to 1500 Free Spins, and the amount you can get will once more depend on how much you deposit. The minimum you are required to cash in is 50 BRL, which nets you 500 Spins. You can also get 1000 with a 100 BRL deposit, or the maximum of 1500 Spins with at least 150 BRL. The biggest issues with this promotion are the fact that the wagering requirement is not mentioned, once more. We already expanded on why that is so unfortunate. However, we are also not pleased with the fact that the casino only gives the player three days to use up all of these Spins. That is a lot of time you need to dedicate playing the games which it awards them for, which also brings us to our next point. We would have liked to see which games the Spins can be used on. It would get pretty boring to only have one game available for all of them, and we sincerely hope that isn't the case!
- The Champion's Bet is a simple Reload bonus which gives you some extra cash for sports betting. You need to deposit 20 BRL or more, and can claim a 100% bonus of up to 300 BRL. The conditions of this bonus mention it has a 4x wagering requirement, on games with odds over 2.00. As we said, events with lower odds will not contribute to cashing out the bonus. This is a decently low requirement.
- Last of all, the Top Up Deposit Bonus is another casino-focused promotion which rewards players who cash in 30 BRL or more with a 30% bonus of up to 150 BRL. As with a lot of other bonuses here, the wagering requirement is not mentioned at all.
There is a lot of importance we place on whether a casino is regulated, because that determines whether the player will have access to certain beneficial protections. We are happy to report that Gplay is fully licensed! Here is what the house says about who oversees it:
We mentioned how some of the website of the house was not translated from Portuguese, and that is the case here. What the paragraph in the screenshot above says, though is that Gplay is licensed by Gaming Curacao (GC), which is one of four master license holders in the small Caribbean country of the same name – Curacao. Checking whether that is the case was extremely easy. The colorful logo of the GC is the Digital Seal of the regulator, which every casino needs to feature on its website. Said Seal can be clicked, and takes us to the following page:
This is proof that Gplay is a domain the regulator has tied to a license holder, and, therefore, the casino is fully licensed! That means the operator of the house will be required to ensure you have the following protections:
- The games you play with licensed casinos need to have their random number generators audited, in order to ensure there is no bias in them. If you are wondering what that means, everything you can play nowadays uses a complex mathematical algorithm to produce the outcomes of every bet. These algorithms are the generators we mentioned, and they are audited by independent professionals, selected by the regulatory bodies. That way, it can be made clear whether the slot, table game and so on has been tampered with and whether it produces the expected results!
- Secondly, problem gambling is an issue to which regulatory bodies dedicate a lot of attention. Casinos under their supervision need to provide players with the means of identifying whether they have such tendencies, as well as different places to seek help. That is not all, however – houses are also expected to comply with any self exclusion requests that players might make. This might mean opting in for custom limits on deposits, time out warnings or even closing down your account.
- Last but not least, there are a lot of important details about yourself and the payment methods which you use, that casinos need to collect from you. This is done in order to comply with the AML measures that every house needs to implement. The sensitive information needs to be protected, which is why license issuers have demanded that casinos store it using some of the strictest encryption methods available to them. Personal data being leaked from licensed casinos is a pretty unlikely scenario!
Overall, there are many great reasons to pick a licensed casino over an unregulated one. However, we'd like to get back to Gplay. Here is a list of the languages the house website can supposedly be seen in:
Languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish
We say “supposedly”, because, as we mentioned at the start, the website is not fully translated into English. Here is another list, of the countries where Gplay does not accept players from:
Restricted countries: United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Virgin Islands, U.S.
This is an incredibly short list, but you should keep in mind that if you are outside of Brazil or the restricted jurisdictions and wish to make an account, you need to present a valid Brazilian ID number. So, without being a citizen or resident of the country, you are effectively barred from the services of this casino.
Deposit and Withdrawal
There are very few means of payment with this casino – PIX and Crypto. This is way too little, and we generally expect casinos to provide their players with a lot more options. Also, it is not surprising that the only currency you can open an account in is the Brazilian Real. Here is some more information on the deposit policies of the house:
|Deposit method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
Currencies: Brazilian Real (BRL)
The minimum deposit, as specified by the Terms and Conditions of the house is just 10 BRL. This is a very small amount, as most casinos usually require at least $10 to be cashed in. Aside from this advantage, Gplay does not charge deposit fees, but you might need to cover third party charges for any transaction, which is fairly reasonable. This will be quite noticeable if you are cashing in with crypto, as you need to pay miner fees to do so. Now, let's also take a look at the withdrawal policies at hand:
|Withdrawal method||Minimum||Maximum||Processing time||Fee|
|PIX||20 BRL||6000 BRL||up to 3 days||Free|
|Crypto||20 BRL||6000 BRL||up to 3 days||Free|
These are quite reasonable, and we congratulate the casino for setting another low minimum amount – 20 BRL. The maximum you can cash out per day is 6000 BRL. Also, there is a restriction of one withdrawal daily and three pending withdrawals in total. That is not so bad, because the processing time for these requests is up to three days, which is fair enough.
There are no fees that Gplay charges, but you will once more be asked to cover third party fees like the ones miners have in place for crypto transfers. Also, there is no information about whether the house expects you to turn over the money you receive a certain amount of times before cashing out, which is a common AML policy. Usually, you need to wager deposits between 1x and 3x to cash them out.
There is no information on dormancy fees, and that probably means Gplay does not charge them, which is great.
Games and Game Suppliers
The biggest flaw to this casino is the fact there is barely anything to play. Here is a list of the game suppliers we saw on its website:
Game providers: PragmaticPlay, Other
The vast majority of the games catalog here is by Pragmatic Play. This is an excellent developer, but it cannot carry the whole casino by itself! We expect to see around 50 different suppliers at least with every house we cover. Still, here is what you can play here:
- Slots: The games you can play include Pragmatic classics like Big Bass Bonanza, The Dog House: Megaways, Money Maze, Wolf's Gold and so much more. Of course, it would have been nice to also be able to play some Slots from a different developer!
- Table Games: Gplay offers virtual dealer tables where you can play Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes. The only live gaming experience you can have with these classic games is the live dealer Poker room. This is incredibly lackluster!
- Game Shows: Surprisingly enough, there are a couple of Game Shows to play, like Sweet Bonanza Candyland and Boom City.
- Crash Games: The only crash game with Gplay seems to be Spaceman, and one is better than none!
As for Sports betting, fans of it will be very disappointed with what Gplay has to offer. There are pre match bets accepted for major sports like Football and Cricket, but there is a lack of niche experiences, and the house could stand to offer more unique sports too. The esports catalog is quite pitiful and you can wager on events from Rocket league NBA 2k tournaments, as well as a couple games like DOTA 2, Valorant and so on, but that's about it. Live betting for both types of sports is also way too limited for our liking.
Gplay is a casino with too many limitations to recommend. To have a good time with it, you need to not only be a Brazilian ID holder, but also be content with having PIX and Crypto as your two payment options. You also need to either love the games of Pragmatic and seek them out, or never have played them. There are better houses out there, which don't require you to jump through so many hoops to enjoy yourself, and we recommend them over Gplay.