Table of contents
Golden Mister is an online casino which has just opened its virtual doors, and accepts players from the UK, as well as other countries. It offers access to many different casino games, as well as sports betting. However, that is about all the nice aspects of its services we can think of.
In fact, we believe that casino to be quite underwhelming overall. That is owed to a couple of different factors, but chief among them is the payments policies that it has chosen to enact. These policies are too restrictive, and the house only accepts two payment methods. And even with them, the minimum values for cashing in are too high! Not to mention that cashing out is an excruciating experience too, with a ridiculously small maximum.
Other issues arise, with the lack of regulation over the casino and its bonuses which are just rather generic and boring. So, if you are looking for a place to bet, we cannot recommend this one. However, we do believe it deserves a deeper look, in both its positive and negative aspects. That is why we have examined the casino in-depth in the following article – join us as we go over everything you need to know about it:
Here is a list of all of the bonuses available at this casino:
|Cash out limit
|First Deposit Bonus
|Second Deposit Bonus
|Third Deposit Bonus
As you can see, this is not a very long list! There are three Welcome bonuses, and after the player has finished with them, they will have no recurring bonuses they can claim. Instead, they have to rely on Tournaments and the various Lotteries, but, as you will see, these are not really worth it either. However, let's start with the three initial promotions you can claim:
- The First Deposit Bonus is a great way to get some extra cash, and it adds 150% of whatever you have deposited. The maximum amount of money you can get is not mentioned at all, but the minimum deposit requirement is €50. Now, this is way too much, and we rarely see bonuses cost more than €30, especially for the wagering requirement of the bonus. The issue here is not that there is one, at all – most bonuses nowadays need to be wagered a certain amount of times to cash them out. Instead, the problem lies in how steep this requirement is. Usually, we see casinos set them anywhere in the range between 30x and 40x. This one has opted in for a wagering requirement of 45x, which is way over the top. We have no information on there being a cash out limit, at least.
- Next, you can claim the Second Deposit Bonus. This promotion has almost the same conditions as the previous one, and can be redeemed with the same extreme minimum deposit of €50. Granted, it does allow the player to get 175% of whatever they have cashed in, but that does not justify the entry cost, nor does it make the high wagering requirement of 45x, present here as well, acceptable!
- Finally, to round out the Welcome package, the casino offers access to its Third Deposit Bonus. Now, this promotion is way overboard with its minimum deposit requirement, even by the already unreasonable standards of this casino. The house wants you to cash in €150 or more to obtain this bonus, which is just unreasonable. If you do that and claim the promotion you will get 200% of the cashed in funds as bonus money, with the same wagering requirement we discussed.
- There is also a weekly Tournament hosted by Golden Mister. Tournaments are usually one of our favorite types of bonuses, because they let players compete against one another to see who can wager and win the most for the runtime of the promotion. This one is structured in the same way, but the prize pool is just €2000. The top winner will only get €100, and what's more, this money will be bound by the same unreasonable wagering requirement of 45x! Usually, the winnings from Tournaments are free from any kind of restrictions on how you can cash them out, because you have already put in the work to win the competition! There are also some physical rewards you can win from those – whiskey and headphones. If you wish to claim them, you can do so, or you could exchange them for their monetary value, which the casino allows you to cash out without wagering. This part of the rewards is a bit more reasonable and feels actually rewarding!
- The last promotion of this casino is the Lotteries that are available with it. At the time of writing, there are several of them – one drawn every two hours, one available once per day, week and one which it draws monthly. In order to participate in those, however, you need to buy a specific amount of Tickets. Usually, casinos which run such lotteries let you participate with just a single ticket, though you can also buy more to increase your odds. These tickets each cost €10, which is too much as well. Participating in each lottery requires you to get a different amount of them before the prize draw. For instance, the hourly lottery requires 5 of them, which means you need to have cashed in €50 to play in it. The most expensive of these to enter is the Monthly lottery, which requires 25 tickets, or €250 if you want to participate! The rewards you can win are based on the particular even you are taking part in, but are between €200 and €40 000. Also, there are guaranteed gifts once you buy a certain amount of tickets. For instance, if you buy 15 tickets in the Weekly draw, you can win an electric kettle. These prizes are not really all that exciting, but at least they can be cashed in for their monetary equivalents with no wagering requirement. Speaking of which, Golden Mister does not mention whether there is a wagering requirement on these lottery prizes at all. There shouldn't be one, but that was also the case for the Tournament rewards! So, it is very much possible that you need to wager the prices the ridiculous 45 times to cash them out.
Regulation is a very important topic, but it is also another area in which Golden Mister fails to live up to our expectations. That is because the casino is completely unlicensed, and, as such, unable to provide the player with several very important guarantees.
These guarantees have to do with the safety of your data and the integrity of the games, but we should mention that there is no indication that Golden Mister is fraudulent, and such conclusions cannot be drawn from its lack of a license! Still, we would have preferred to deal with a regulated casino. Here is what kinds of protections you could expect if the house was licensed with a strict body like the UK Gambling Commission:
- The casinos under the oversight of the Commission need to submit their games for audits. This ensures the integrity of each of the titles in their catalogs. The audits are performed by licensed and independent professionals, who go over the complex mathematical algorithms which determine the outcomes of every bet. These so-called Random number generators can be tampered with, in order to produce unfair results. That tampering can be found out only via these professional audits. Therefore, you can be sure you are playing games of chance only with licensed casinos!
- Secondly, the UK regulator, as well as the majority of bodies which oversee different egaming sectors around the world, have long realized the importance of safeguarding player data. Houses typically demand you submit a lot of personal information, in order to verify the source of your payments. That is an important step of preventing financial crime like money laundering. However, the stored data can be very sensitive. Consequently, casinos need to encrypt it with some of the toughest security measures they have access to, in order to make sure data leaks or hackers obtaining it is not likely at all.
- Finally, the casinos which hold UK licensed have to combat problematic gambling tendencies. That is achieved by not only providing players with sufficient information on what these tendencies look like, but also where to seek help. What's more, if a player wishes to reduce their exposure to casinos they can do so, by making use of one of the several self-exclusion request types that are provided by the UKGC. These can include setting custom deposit limits, enabling time out warnings or even closing down your account!
Hopefully we have managed to convince you why you should stick with licensed casinos. Back to Golden Mister, though, here is some more information about its website – the language you can view it in:
And here is the unusually long list of countries where the casino does not accept players from:
Deposit and Withdrawal
Cashing in with this casino can be done in one of two ways – via debit cards and via crypto. This is not great, because both of these methods of payment might not be ideal for a player who wants to use Skrill, PayPal or whatever other e-wallet you can think of. There are also players who prefer depositing with e-vouchers or even ones who perform wire transfers. Limiting how you can cash in to the casino is just rather annoying and it shows that the house does not care much for the preferences of its players!
Still, here are the details on the deposit methods and policies of the house, as well as the currencies it can open accounts in:
Currencies: Euro (EUR), Russian Ruble (RUB)
Cashing in with either of the two methods requires €50, but that is just not acceptable these days. When casinos offer to open you accounts for five times less on average, this high entry cost is not justifiable, even if the house did not have the issues we mentioned so far. At least there are no fees, and you only need to cover third party charges, which is the case for virtually any casino you can cash in to.
But where Golden Mister really lets us down is the policy regarding withdrawals. It is one of the worst such policies we have ever seen in a casino, and here is why:
|up to 36 hours
|up to 36 hours
Once again, you are limited to only two means of cashing out. The same issues we discussed before apply here too, but we are more concerned with the downright absurd minimum withdrawal requirement of €150, which you need to fulfil. This is blatantly unfair, as most casinos need just about €20 to process withdrawals. What's more, the high amount is three times as much as the minimum deposit with Golden Mister!
The maximum withdrawal amount is also pretty wild, too. It is set to €400 in the payments page of the casino, while most houses nowadays can process daily cash out requests of several thousand euro. What's more, the processing times for these withdrawals are said to be 36 hours, and you will only be able to have one at a time, which makes it impossible to withdraw more than four or five times each week, for a total of up to €2000. That is a very low weekly minimum!
Also keep in mind that what we said about the third party charges with deposits applies here too. You might be asked to pay a 20% fee on withdrawals, if you have not played through your whole deposit, but that is a common AML policy, and does not raise any concerns. There is also a common fee for inactivity, which you can see below:
Once again, this kind of charge and its size are not particularly worrisome.
Games and Game Suppliers
Here are all the Game suppliers we saw listed by Golden Mister:
Game providers: SA Gaming, Popiplay, Chilli Games, EAgaming, Yggdrasil, Concept Gaming, NetGame, BGaming, 1spin4win, Booongo, PGSoft, PlayBro, Betsoft, Platipus, Gamzix, Vibra Gaming, Turbogames, Thunderspin, Cyber Slot, Champion, Bet2Tech, Vivo Gaming, Gamebeat, Tvbet, TPG, Simpleplay, KA Gaming, Oriental Game, CQ Gaming, Mr Slotty, Betsolutions, Mancala, Evoplay, Spade Gaming, Salsa Technology, Mascot, Zillion, Smartsoft Gaming, Macaw Gaming, Espresso Games, Amigo Gaming, Endorphina, CT Interactive, Swintt, Virtual Generation, Atmosfera, Onlyplay, Fazi, NetEnt, Nucleus, Quickspin, Belatra
We counted 60 of them, which is great. The library of games you can play is quite vast, and includes the following:
- Slots: Tiger Gems, Lucky Dama Muerta, Coin Volcano and thousands of other Slots can be found in their own section of the casino's game library. Even though some of the classics like Big Bass Bonanza and Gates of Olympus are not present, there are plenty of high-quality games to explore.
- Table Games: If you are looking for a more traditional casino experience, you can play Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack or Roulettes, with live dealers. And if you are looking for virtual dealer versions of the games, these can be found with Golden Mister as well!
- Game Shows: There are just a couple of lesser known Game shows to play, like Music Wheel. This is not great, but at least there is something!
- Other Games: This section of the games library just contains a couple of virtual Bingo games.
As for the sportsbook of Golden Mister, it is separated in two large parts: Sports, where you will find conventional things to bet on like Football, Cricket and so on, as well as Cybersports. The latter section hosts a couple of esports like Dota 2, LOL and so on. Both of these sections support live bets and prematch betting, and have a decent enough range of events.
Even though it has a good enough library of games, we cannot recommend the casino. Our main issue with it is the frankly ridiculous way it handles deposits and withdrawals. Also, the lack of license is a big turnoff. So, stick to more reliable casinos instead!