Good amount of Welcome bonuses
Low minimum deposit
Shallow games library
Only one payment method available
Unclear withdrawal times
Non-competitive Recurring bonuses
Website is somewhat badly designed
Table of contents
You will probably not be surprised to find out that Futureplay, a recently launched online casino has a futuristic theme. Across its website you can find various fun characters, human and robot, as well as a general sleek and minimalist aesthetic against a simple dark background. We always prefer casinos who pick a fun theme and stick to it, as that usually shows a higher level of commitment on the part of the operator behind the casino.
In this case, we are not so sure that is true – sure, the house has a unique design to it, but that makes some parts of its website pretty much illegible. That is visible in a couple of the screenshots we have included in the review below. Of course, that is a superficial complaint, but we believe it to underline a bigger issue with the house, that what it has to offer is not very well thought out.
That way, the only way to deposit with the casino is to pay via crypto, which is very exclusionary. There is also a couple of fun Welcome bonuses, but once you've played through them, Futureplay does not really have a good set of rewards to offer. But probably the most annoying of these issues is the fact that there are barely any games to play! The casino features an incredibly shallow list of Game suppliers.
Overall, there is a lot to cover with this casino, which feels like a step backwards, despite its name. Here is everything you need to know about the house:
As we mentioned, there are four initial deposit bonuses, which make up the Welcome bundle the casino offers. After you've played through them, you will have access to a single recurring bonus. There are Tournaments and Lotteries that Futureplay hosts, as well as several exclusive Loyalty Bonuses. Overall, there is a lot to cover, and here is an outline of these promotions:
|Cash out limit
|First Deposit Bonus
|100% + 100 spins
|400 USDT for FS/None for bonus cash
|Second Deposit Bonus
|100% + 50 spins
|400 USDT for FS/None for bonus cash
|Third Deposit Bonus
|100% + 80 spins
|400 USDT for FS/None for bonus cash
|Fourth Deposit Bonus
|100% + 180 spins
|400 USDT for FS/None for bonus cash
|Tuesday Free Spins
|200 USDT + 100 spins
Let's start with the four Welcome Bonuses you can claim with the casino. They need to be claimed in sequence, one after the other, and all of them feature the same minimum deposit requirement of 30 USDT. The bonuses offer both extra cash and Free Spins to play with. However, there is a cash out limit of 400 USDT for any of the Free Spin bundles. This means any winnings from them over that amount will be written off by the house. That is not a policy which is unique to this casino, and the limit does not seem all that unreasonable, but it should be kept in mind, as we examine the promotions one by one:
- The First Deposit Bonus gives you 100% of whatever you initially deposit, up to a maximum of 1 BTC, or its value in any of the other crypto assets you can cash in with, as well as 100 Free Spins. There is a 40x wagering requirement, on both the winnings from the Spins and the bonus cash you've received. This means you will have to wager them both the specified amount of times before you are allowed to cash out the winnings from the promotion! It is incredibly common for casinos to include such restrictions with their promotions nowadays, and they are usually within the range of 30x-40x. So, we can say that the conditions here are fairly competitive.
- After you have played through the previous promotion, you can claim the Second Deposit Bonus, which will give you another 100% of the respective deposit as bonus cash with a smaller bundle of 50 Free Spins on top of that. What's significant about this bonus is the fact that the casino has a different approach to its wagering requirement. The money won from Free Spins needs to be played through 40x in order to withdraw it, but the bonus cash needs to be wagered just 35x.
- The Third Deposit Bonus, true to its name, rewards you for the third time you cash in, once again, doubling whatever you have deposited. The amount of Free Spins you can get from it is 80. The wagering requirements are once again 35x for the cash and 40x for the winnings from the Free Spins.
- Finally, to round the promotion out, the casino offers its Fourth Deposit Bonus. It features the same multiplier for player's funds as the previous promotion, but offers you three bundles of 60 Free Spins, which you can get over the course of three days from claiming the bonus. The same rules about wagering apply as with the previous two bonuses.
Now, let's go over the rest of the promotions with Futureplay:
- We mentioned the casino only features one Recurring bonus, and that is the Tuesday Free Spins promotion. It can be received up to once per week, on the second day of the week. The bonus grants you up to 150 Spins, depending on how much you have cashed. If you deposit the minimum of 30 USDT, there are 40 Spins you can get. A deposit over 40 USDT nets you 80, and if you cash in 100 USDT or more, you can get the maximum amount. The cash out limit for the bonus is tied to the amount of Spins you have received. For example, the bundle of 150 Spins has a higher cash out limit than the lowest, 40 Spin bundle, 120 USDT vs 40 USDT for each respectively. The wagering requirement for all bundles is 40x.
- There are Weekly tournaments which are hosted by the casino, in which players can compete against each other, in order to see who can wager and win the most on their favorite Slots. You are ranked against other participants based on your wagered amounts, and stand to win a prize of up to 200 USDT. The money you win has to be wagered 40x to withdraw, which is very unusual for Tournaments. Instead, the winnings form them are normally freely available, and we have no clue why Futureplay has chosen to restrict its players like that!
- The casino also hosts a Monthly Lottery, in which you are free to participate. This Lottery can be accessed with Tickets. How can you get these tickets? Well, one is awarded to you every time you cash in a sum of 30 USDT during the month. You can get an unlimited amount of tickets, and the more you have, the higher your odds are. The maximum prize you can win is of up to 400 USDT. There is no information about whether you need to wager the money a certain amount of times before you can cash it out, or whether there is any limit on how much you can win from it. We would not expect there to be such restrictions in general, but the casino has implemented them within their Tournaments, which normally let the player cash out freely as well. Either way, the Lotteries and Tournaments are all well and good, but we much prefer to see deposit bonuses which can be claimed by depositing a certain amount of cash, without then also needing to rely on luck. These are missing here, which is not great at all!
Finally, the casino features a robust Loyalty Program, allowing players to climb several account tiers and receive exclusive bonuses along the way. The more you deposit and play, the higher he tier of your account will be. And the higher the tier, the better bonuses you can claim! Here is what those exclusive Loyalty Bonuses are:
- Futureplay lets you recover a certain amount of your losses via its VIP Cashback bonus. It grants you a certain amount of your weekly losses back as money to play with, recovering 10% of that, up to a maximum of 2000 USDT. However, to qualify for the bonus, you need to have cashed in 100 USDT or more during the week you wish to use it. There is no mention of a wagering requirement for this money, so maybe the casino does not have such a restriction on it.
- Secondly, there is a One-off Bonus, which is rewarded to you the moment your account levels up. It is between 50 USDT and 3000 USDT, and has a wagering requirement between 40x and 1x. The highest bonus is the one with the lowest wagering requirement, which makes it a spectacular reward for the players who are most loyal to the casino.
- Finally, there are various Loyalty Reload bonuses which are available with the casino. These can be claimed every Sunday and grant you between 30% and 100% of your funds as bonus money. The maximum you can get from them is between 300 and 400 USDT, and both the multiplier and the max bonus grow with your account tier. Furthermore, we should mention that the casino features a 40x wagering requirement, which applies to all of the bonuses, as well as a 30 USDT minimum deposit requirement, which is also valid across every one of these promotions.
Here is what Futureplay has to say on the important matter of its regulation:
The casino claims to be licensed in Curacao, by the Antillephone. This is one of the most popular regulatory bodies nowadays, and the operator Dama N.V., mentioned in the paragraph above is behind a vast amount of casinos. All of this bodes well for this house as well – we are impressed with its regulatory background. However, before we explain what the benefits of the Antillephone regulation is, we'd like to show you the casino's actal license:
This is an excerpt from the register of the regulatory body, and confirms the claims Futureplay made about being overseen by the Curacao oversight body! Here is a list of the benefits that entitles players to:
- First off, a Curacao license means that any game you can play is provably fair. That is because every license holder has to undergo thorough audits, conducted by independent professionals, who go over the random number generators of the games. These generators are the complex mathematical algorithms which produce the outcomes of every bet. The auditors examine whether there is any undue bias within them, and report on that. This is why you can be sure you are playing actual games of chance when you do so with licensed casinos.
- Secondly, there are strict rules about how casinos should go about combatting problem gambling. They need to offer you a wealth of information on what such problematic tendencies can look like, as well as where you can seek help if you discover you have them. However, that is not all – licensed casinos are also expected to provide you with a set of self-exclusion measures, which allow you to limit your exposure to the house. That way, you can set custom deposit limits, opt in to reality checks or even close your account if you feel the need to.
- Thirdly, an often overlooked faucet of regulation is the protections for player data. There are all sorts of personal details you need to share with casinos nowadays, so you can complete their KYC checks. Licensed houses are required to keep this information safe from hackers or potential leaks, by using some of the most robust encryption methods available to them.
Of course, that is not all of the regulatory protections we could mention. However, we hope we have made our point – playing with licensed casinos is safer and more reliable than trusting their unregulated counterparts.
Back to our coverage of Futureplay, here is a list of the languages you can see its website in:
Unfortunately, not everyone can play here. Below is a list of the jurisdictions from where players cannot sign up to the casino:
Finally, we would like to show you a couple of our other reviews for casinos by the same operator, if you are curious how they stack up to Futureplay:
More Dama N.V. Casinos
Deposit and Withdrawal
There is only one payment method with this casino – crypto. This is unfortunate, since there are lots of players who might have wished to cash in with another means of deposit. Crypto is overly complex for some, and others might just not want to use it. All of these players will have to find another place to bet, though.
Here is what the conditions for the deposit methods look like, as well as what the different tokens you can use are:
Currencies: Tether (USDT), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), XRP, Cardano (ADA), Binance Coin (BNB)
What we'd like to highlight here is the minimum deposit requirement of 5 USDT. It is rare that we see casinos offer such a low entry cost, and we find that to make Futureplay pretty competitive. However, the maximum amount you can cash in is not mentioned.
There are no deposit fees you need to worry about, but there are third party charges, because of the nature of crypto transactions. These charges are the miner fees, and you will be expected to cover them. This is how such additional expenses are handled by the vast majority of casinos nowadays, and is no cause for concern in our view.
Here is what the withdrawal conditions of the casino look like:
Please note that cashing out requires you to have wagered your initial deposit at least once. That is a common AML measure, which can be found in the Terms and Conditions of the vast majority of casinos nowadays.
There is a minimum deposit requirement of 20 USDT, and the maximum you can cash out per transaction is 4000 USDT. Both of these are actually pretty reasonable amounts. It is not clear what the processing times for withdrawals are, which we are not particularly fond of. We just hope they are under three days.
Finally, there is no withdrawal fees, but you will have to pay whatever fees the crypto miners processing your transactions charge you. In fact, Futureplay does not charge you anything other than the following tax on inactive accounts:
This is a clause you can find in the Terms and Conditions of the majority of casinos nowadays, and is not grounds for any concern.
Games and Game Suppliers
Here is a lust of the Game suppliers you can find on Futureplay's website:
These Suppliers are among the biggest names in the industry, but we expected to see a lot more of them. Even though the casino is new, we expected to see around 50 Suppliers, because that is how many most newly-launched houses feature.
Still, you can expect to find a lot of fun games with the casino, from the following categories:
- Slots: There are thousands of fun Slots to play, including classics like Gates of Olympus, Big Bass Bonanza, Elvis Frog, Book of Dead, Wolf's Gold and Reactoonz, among many others. Additionally, the house has a decently organized library, where you can find separate categories for Bonus Buy slots, slots with Fruit themes, the Megaways mechanic and so on.
- Table Games: There are live dealer versions of all the classic casino games you would expect to find: Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack, Roulettes. However, no virtual dealer versions of these classics seem to exist on the Futureplay website. That is a bit of a misstep, in our view!
- Game Shows: You can tune in to unique televised casino experiences, with Pragmatic Play and Evolution's leading shows like Crazy Time or Sweet Bonanza.
- Crash Games: There is also a lot of instant win games you can find, within their own separate section of the casino. These include Plinko, Aviator and so on.
This casino is a pretty unusual departure from what we tend to see from Dama N.V.. The operator is usually able to offer players a plethora of payment methods and virtually countless games to play. However, we cannot recommend Futureplay, unless you are a crypto enthusiast and find its rather limited amount of games you can play not to be a drawback. Otherwise, you might want to find a better place to play!