Table of contents
BetRoyale is a pretty generic online casino, which becomes obvious the first time one opens its website and takes a look at it. The house does not feature any unique mascots, does not have a specific theme, or any kind of character to it. There is nothing wrong with that, of course, but it does highlight a lack of care and attention to the services it offers.
This is further indicated in the other aspects of its services which seem incredibly lackluster overall. For instance, the amount of games you can play is incredibly small, when compared to other houses. The number of payment conditions is also lower than what we expected to see. There is a sportsbook as well, but that seems like an afterthought, with a very limited amount of sports to bet on. And what's more, there are just two bonuses, which are not described at all.
On the other hand, the casino does some things right as well. For instance, it features a license with one of the most popular regulatory bodies in the world. What's more, it has a pretty decent set of deposit and withdrawal policies, even if the means of cashing in or out are limited in number.
So, let's see if BetRoyale can actually be recommended at the end of the day, of whether you would be better off sticking to other casinos:
As we said before, the casino does not have a lot of bonuses at all! One of the first and main things a substantial amount of players are looking for anywhere they bet are exactly what kind of promotions the casino can provide them with. A robust and fun set of promotions is a great way to stand out from the rest of the competition, but it does not seem that BetRoyale wants to do so. Here are the two promotions players have access to:
|Cash out limit
|Noble Rank Up Bonus
|Bet Buddy Bonus
The issue with them is not only that they are so few, but also that the casino does not explain them in sufficient detail at all. For example, we know that both promotions can be obtained on the first deposit you make, but other than the percentage of your funds they add to your account, there is absolutely no mention of the conditions of the bonuses. Let's take a look at see if we can shed some light on them:
- The Noble Rank Up Bonus is a very confusingly named promotion. It implies that the casino has some kind of account levelling system, which is not true at all. Instead, this is actually a promotion which can be applied to the first 20 deposits a player makes, and adds 20% of each of them. It seems like a particularly unrewarding and drawn out Welcome bundle. The minimum deposit required to enter into the promotion is not mentioned at all, but we anticipate that it is probably around €20 at most, because that's what most other casinos require. An important detail to the promotion is that, according to the Terms and Conditions of the casino, each bonus has its own wagering requirement. Then what is the wagering requirement for this one? We cannot say. However, it is likely to be around 30x-40x, an amount most casinos nowadays seem to fluctuate between when it comes to such restrictions. Of course, whether a cash out limit is present is impossible to say either.
- Next, another exquisitely badly named bonus is the Bet Buddy promotion, which implies that it features some kind of referral system. That's not true, though, and players will instead find that the promotion is just another Welcome bonus. This time, it is only applicable once, to your first deposit only. It adds 200% of said deposit. Now, the promotion does raise a lot of questions which are never answered. Beyond what the wagering requirement is and whether there is a cash out limit, the minimum deposit requirement is something we really wish we knew about. That is because it can very well be higher, with such a massive multiplier for player funds. Either way, there are even more questions that the promotion raises, which have to do with its interaction with the other promotion. For instance, how do the to combine? Can you claim them together, and if you get the Bet Buddy promotion can you then get another 20 deposit bonuses with the previous promotion or not?
A clear and concise set of Bonus policies is required nowadays, for players to be able to navigate the bonus policies of casinos. Besides not offering enough promotions, BetRoyale does not offer such a set of Bonus conditions either. Overall, its approach to promotions is a total miss, and makes for one of the best reasons to avoid the house.
On the other hand, when it comes to regulation, we have no notes! BetRoyale has managed to obtain an excellent license with a very popular regulator, called Gaming Curacao (GC). Here is what the casino says on its website about its regulation:
The GC is just one of the four bodies in Curacao, a small Carribean nation which has become the beating heart of online gambling in recent years. Each of the bodies has its own policies towards regulating the companies licensed by it. But they have all managed to strike a unique balance between demanding higher protections for players and not overly restricting the companies, which would prevent them from offering them higher bonuses and fun new games.
Before we examine what those policies are with regards to Gaming Curacao, let's verify that BetRoyale is actually licensed as it claims. Doing so is very easy, and all we need is to click on the GC logo visible in the screenshot above, in order to be taken to the register of the license issuer:
The logo on the BetRoyale website is the Digital Seal, which every holder of license with the GC needs to implement in its website. The Seal allows the player to quickly verify the status of any house under the oversight of the regulator, and we recommend always looking for it when you encounter a casino that claims to be licensed there.
As for what the protections we mentioned are, here is a list of the most important among them:
- The GC and the rest of the Curacao-based regulators have long realized how important it is to protect player data from hackers and leaks. This data, collected in compliance with KYC and AML regulation, is very sensitive, and it leaking could cause you a lot of harm. Just to deposit with BetRoyale, you need to provide the casino with your full legal name, phone number, address and all sorts of personal data. But since the house is licensed, you can be sure that it will store that safely, and use some of the toughest encryption protocols available in its disposal, in order to prevent it from being illegitimately obtained by people who should not have access to it!
- There is also a lot of importance that regulated casinos have to place on responsible gambling. The GC mandates that they offer players sufficient information to know what gambling addiction can look like and where they can seek help, if they need it. However, that is far from all they have to do! Players also need to be offered certain self-exclusion measures they can always opt in to, which help them take control and reduce their exposure to the casino and control their spending. For instance, these include custom deposit limits, as well as the ability to close down your account unilaterally, should you need to. This helps foster a safer environment for everyone to play in!
- Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, among these protections has to do with the way in which regulated casinos prove that these games are fair. Anything you can bet on, except live dealer card games and sports events has its own random number generator. This is a complex mathematical algorithm which determines whether you will lose or win. As you can imagine, these can technically be skewed to give the house an unfair advantage. But license issuers demand that the random number generators be reviewed by independent auditors, who are able to determine whether such manipulation has taken place and report it to the authority. This is why you can be sure you are playing actual games of chance with BetRoyale!
So, we are very happy that BetRoyale is actually regulated like it is. We prefer dealing with licensed houses to their counterparts, and hope that you see why! However, let's get back to our review of the particular casino. Here is a list of the languages you can view its website in:
Languages: English, Portuguese
There are certain countries from where you will not actually be able to open the website of the house. This is due to their approach to online gambling. Here's a list of said countries:
Deposit and Withdrawal
When it comes to deposits and withdrawals, we always appreciate houses which have clear conditions, as well as a plethora of options for the player to pick from. This is partially the case with BetRoyale. It has only four payment methods it accepts: Credit cards, MiFinity, AstroPay and several crypto tokens. On the other hand, they all have fairly decent conditions. Let's take a look at them, as well as the FIAT and crypto currencies you can use to cash in:
Currencies: Euro (EUR), Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Tether (USDT), Cardano (ADA), XRP, Binance Coin (BNB), USD Coin (USDC)
We should mention that certain payment methods might not be available in your country. For instance, depositing with credit cards is not possible in a number of jurisdictions, due to regulations on online gambling.
The minimum deposit of the casino is fairly small, which we appreciate. It is between €5 and €10, definitely on the low end of what is usually demanded of the player. The maximum is also a bit on the small side, though, which is somewhat unfortunate, if you are a high roller. No fees are applicable by the casino, but there can be certain third party charges the player will be expected to cover. For instance, crypto transfers are processed by miners, who take certain fees. Of course, being expected to pay those is not actually unique to BetRoyale – you will generally need to cover them regardless of where you play.
Now, let's take a look at what the withdrawal policies of the house look like:
|up to 12 hours
|up to 12 hours
|up to 12 hours
An important feature of them we should mention is that the casino demands that you wager anything you have deposited at least once if you wish to seek a withdrawal. That is a common AML policy which you will find nearly anywhere nowadays, and the wagering requirement is not excessive, but you need to be aware that it is in place.
Other than that, the minimum withdrawal requirement is just €20, which is on par with what most other casinos. Given how low the minimum deposit is, we are slightly disappointed you need to cash out twice as much at least, but that is not a big issue. The maximum withdrawal is €5000 per transaction, which excellent.
BetRoyale claims that it generally takes about 12 hours at most to process outgoing transactions, which is very competitive. In general, we mostly see houses take three days or even sometimes more to do that. Nevertheless, you should know that delays are always possible.
What we said about third party fees applies here as well, and once again, you would generally be expected to pay them no matter wherever you are playing. What's more important is that there is no fee by BetRoyale itself, which would be problematic.
The only thing you are expected to cover in terms of fees is the following penalty for inactivity:
It is incredibly common for casinos to have such fees in place, in order to incentivize their players not to stop playing for long stretches of time. They are usually about as high too, so there is nothing out of the ordinary here.
Games and Game Suppliers
A list of the game suppliers, featured within the library of BetRoyale is available below:
Game providers: Hacksaw, Tom Horn, PragmaticPlay, High 5 Games, Evolution, Skywind, Evoplay, PGSoft, Relax Gaming, Fantasma, Push Gaming, Max Win Gaming, Nolimit City, Silverback, 4ThePlayer, Blue Guru Games, Electric Elephant, Four Leaf Gaming, NetEnt, Northern Lights, Other
In general, we expect to see around 50 of those companies, which would make for a robust roster of things to play. The house has around 20 in total, which is twice as low, but among them are world-class suppliers like Spinomenal, NetEnt and Pragmatic Play. This means there are a number of fun games you can find. Let's take a look at what those are:
- Slots: The casino features a number of fun slots like Big Bass Bonanza, Gates of Olympus, Lucky Dama Muerta, Book of Dead, Mustang Gold, Wolf's Gold and more. The issue with them does not have much to do with the games themselves but more with the way they are presented. You can order them by providers but there is no way to filter them by theme or mechanics, which makes browsing the catalog of the casino more of a hassle than fun!
- Table Games: There is a lot of different table games, and BetRoyale offers various ruleset for Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack and Roulettes. The games are only playable with live dealers, which is not really an issue, but it is a bit weird that the house does not have virtual dealer versions of them, too.
- Game Shows: There is a great roster of game shows here, and you can play all the classics by Evolution gaming you might be expecting, like Boom City, Treasure Island, Sweet Bonanza: Candyland and so on.
The Sportsbook, on the other hand, is not very competitive. The casino just does not have as many events as we expected. There are around 40 Sports in total, and all the major ones like Football and Basketball are there, but more niche things to bet on are sorely missing. eSports are avaialble too, and you can bet on most major league events in different DotA 2, SC: II and CS:GO competitions. A couple of live esport games were available to be bet on at the time of writing too, which is good.
Other than that, the interface of the sportsbook itself is quite competent and user-friendly. You can find the different sports and track the games from each at a glance, there is a convenient tab which allows you to keep track of what events are live, and the results from games up to a week back in time are visible.
Overall, BetRoyale is a very competent casino, and it is well enough made, but the services it offers are just not competitive enough. For instance, its payment policies are great, but the number of methods is too low. There are excellent games, but not enough suppliers. The license it has is excellent, and we have no notes on it, but there are tons of other licensed houses too. And when it comes to its bonuses, this casino has completely dropped the ball!
It has nothing which would make a player pick it over a house with a more robust library, or a more varied set of bonuses. So, ultimately, we cannot recommend the casino, because of that.