Table of contents
BetComets is an online casino, which is pretty new at the time of writing. It has just been launched in 2023. There is a pretty strong focus on cryptocurrency with the house. This is the only means of payment it accepts. While limiting your players to cashing in via crypto is nothing new, and while we've seen plenty of casinos do so, it is still a pretty unreasonable restriction in our opinion. It means that not everyone will be able to play here, because the digital assets BetComets accepts can be difficult to use for some.
Another downside to the casino has to be the complete lack of bonuses. At least at the time of writing, there are none available. This is somewhat unusual, because the rest of the crypto-focused casinos we have covered have mostly had plenty of innovative promotions to offer.
However, there are also some pretty significant advantages to the casino too. For instance, it has a great amount of games to play. What's more, they are neatly organized and we found it quite pleasant to browse the catalog of the house. Secondly, it has a license, which is great.
So should you play at BetComets? Well, in order to answer just this question, we need to examine the pros and cons of this gambling house in a lot more detail. The review below will do just that, going over its promotions, regulation and payment methods, as well as the games you can play. So read on to learn everything you need to know about the casino!
As we said at the start, there does not seem to be a single bonus that BetComets offers! Of course, since the house is pretty new, we believe that might be subject to change. However, at the time of writing at least, there is no section of its website dedicated to bonuses. We checked the email we used to sign up for any offers, but there was nothing there either. The only mention of promotions came from the Terms and Conditions of the casino.
According to them, the house issues bonuses which consist of Free Spins, Cashbacks and Bonus money. This vague description of them omits anything specific. Secondly, the wagering requirement for these promotions is mentioned to be individual to each bonus the casino issues. But, as we said, nothing specific is said about them, and there is not a single bonus which is explicitly named.
This is a shame, because most casinos do not hesitate to offer their players tons of attractive promotions. That is because they know the best way to stand apart from other casinos is via the incentives you offer to people! We see the lack of bonuses with BetComets as a pretty big missed opportunity, which we hope it decides to take in the future.
As far as regulation is concerned, we have no complaints! Here is what BetComets has to say about it:
It claims to be licensed by Gaming Curacao (GC). GC is one of the four regulatory bodies which oversee the egaming sector in Curacao. The small Caribbean nation has become the heart of egaming worldwide since introducing these four bodies, and that is for a very good reason. The regulatory rules they have created leverage the interests of casinos and players, and make for a flexible and effective regulatory framework. It provides ample protections to players, while not stifling the operators of houses too much.
However, before we discuss these protections in more detail, let's see whether BetComets is licensed. That can be done quite easily, since GC requires every house it oversees to have a Digital Seal on its website. The one with this casino can be seen in the previous screenshot – it is the bright button to the bottom left, with the initials of the regulatory body. Clicking it leads you to its register, where you can see the following entry:
This is the license of the casino. It shows you that BlackSands B.V., the operator it has mentioned on its website is regulated by GC. What's more, said website is a verified domain, which means it is definitely connected to the operator!
But why is that so important, and what are the protections that we mentioned? Well, here are some of them, which license holding casinos can offer to players:
- First off, there is a lot of data that casinos are required to collect from players. This is because they need to comply with Anti-money laundering policies, as well as combat financial crime. The data we mentioned can include pictures of your ID, details about where you live and what payment methods you use. This absolutely needs to be protected, which is where the regulatory bodies come in. They require casinos to encrypt said data, using some of the tightest measures out there, which means that any kind of leak, or a successful hacker attack against the casino is pretty unlikely.
- Secondly, there is a sharp focus on the integrity of the games you can play. Each of said games uses a random number generator to produce the outcome of each bet, whether a loss or a win. These generators are audited by independent professionals, who can determine what amount of bets, on average, the player can expect to win. This percentage is the RTP value of slots. The only way you can be sure said value matches reality is with licensed casinos, though.
- Third, the players' mental health is also important to regulatory bodies. That is why they have introduced stern requirements of casinos when it comes to the self-exclusion measures that they need to provide you with. These measures include custom deposit limits and the ability to opt in to time out warnings. Also, they include the option to close your account and be prevented from accessing casinos. The rules have gone a long way in combatting problem gambling, and in creating a safer and more fun environment for everyone to play in!
These are just some of the reasons why we generally prefer licensed casinos over their unregulated peers. And it is pretty good that BetComets is licensed, but we should also mention some other aspects of its services. Here are the languages which the website of the house can be viewed in:
Languages: English, Portuguese
Also, the majority of casinos have certain countries where they do not offer their services. This is another part of regulation, and you can see the countries where BetComets does not open new accounts from here:
Deposit and Withdrawal
When it comes to cashing in, the casino says that it accepts more than 30 methods of payment, which is actually a bit deceptive. It accepts that many crypto coins, which is the same method of payment. There is also a claim that you can deposit with a credit card or Apple Pay, which is also not quite true. The casino lets you buy crypto with those, which you then have to deposit to your wallet with BetComets. Therefore, you can still pay with crypto only, but have to contend with the exchange rates and third party fees which come from the exchange BetComets partners with.
As we said at the start, this is not unique to this particular house. And, as we also said, we find it to be needlessly restrictive. There is just no good reason why BetComets could not take a couple of more traditional payment methods too, for the sake of offering a better service to its players. And what's more, the casino actually lists the currency of your account not in any crypto, but in either US Dollars or in Euro! Regardless, here are the specifics about the means of payment, and some of the tokens BetComets accepts:
Currencies: Euro (EUR), US Dollar (USD), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Tether (USDT)
There is no information available on the minimum and the maximum amounts you can cash in. However, with crypto casinos minimum deposit requirements are often waived, or are set at symbolically low values. It is possible you can cash in as little as $1. Compared to other casinos, the usual amount you can normally expect to have to deposit is between $10-$20.
Deposits are said to usually be instant, but BetComets specifies that they can take up to 60 minutes. There are no fees by the casino, yet third party charges will have to be covered by the player. This includes miner fees when it comes to crypto – keep those in mind when cashing in!
And here is what withdrawing from the house looks like:
|up to 48 hours
There is still only one method of doing so, and it is still crypto. Do note that before you can withdraw, you are required to wager the deposited funds at least once. This policy is not unique to BetComets. In fact, the vast majority of casinos these days implement similar rules, which help combat money laundering.
Secondly, the house does not mention what the minimum withdrawal amount is. On average, casinos require you to cash out between $10 and $20, which is the same range as minimum deposits. It is possible that, as a crypto casino, BetComets has not set such a minimum. We would have liked to see explicit mention of that in its Terms and Conditions!
The processing times for outgoing transactions are said to be of up to 2 business days. This is pretty fast – most casinos take up to 3 days to clear such requests. Note that, while there are no fees for withdrawals from the casino, you would still be expected to cover third party charges and miner fees.
We should also mention that the maximum you can cash out is $10 000 per day, or the equivalent in whatever crypto asset you are using. This is a fairly high limit, and the $50 000 monthly limit is pretty good too.
There is no charge for inactive accounts in the Terms and Conditions of the casino. While this is a common fee, it does not seem that BetComets has implemented one.
Games and Game Suppliers
One of the best things about this casino is the vast amount of games which are available with it. This would not be possible without its equally vast amount of Game Suppliers. Here is a list of the developers BetComets has partnered with:
Game providers: 1spin4win, 1x2gaming, 5 Men, Alg, Amatic, Atmosfera, AvatarUX, TrueLab, Turbogames, Wazdan, Yggdrasil, Zillion, Spade Gaming, Spinomenal, Spribe, Swintt, Thunderkick, Tom Horn, Triple Cherry, Popiplay, PragmaticPlay, Quickspin, Reevo, Relax Gaming, Slotmill, Smartsoft Gaming, Mr Slotty, NetGame, Nolimit, Nucleus, Onlyplay, Oryx, Platipus, Play'n GO, Playtech, KA Gaming, Kalamba, Lucky, Mancala, Mascot, Evoplay, Ezugi, GameArt, Gamebeat, Gamzix, Habanero, High 5 Games, Igrosoft, Belatra, Beterlive, Bluebird, Booming Games, Endorphina, Other
Among them are some of the biggest names in the industry. This means you will have access to a great amount of the most popular titles available nowadays. Let's take a look into the categories of games, as they are available with the casino:
- Slots: Among this numerous category, there are tons of famous games. For instance, you can play Gates of Olympus, The Dog House: Megaways, Big Bass Bonanza, Book of Dead, Wolf's Gold, the Elvis Frog series and so on. The slots can be sorted alphabetically, or you can filter out the games of a specific supplier. We would have also liked to see them ordered by their themes too, as the ability to see Fruits slots, or Egypt slots being available by themselves would make navigating the games easily.
- Table Games: There are tons of classic table games available with the casino. They are Baccarat, Poker, Blackjack, Roulettes and Craps. They are divided into the Poker, Video Poker, Roulettes and Craps sections of its catalog. The Poker section contains all the baccarat games with BetComets, which is a bit confusing. The games are available in Live dealer versions as well as in a virtual dealer room.
- Lottery: This section of the casino includes several Lottery-type games. Among them are Keno, as well as some games which include wheels of fortune. A couple of live Game shows is present here! For instance, you can play Crazy Time, Deal or No Deal and Monopoly from the Lottery section of the casino.
- Casual Games: There is a bunch of relaxing games in this section, like Lightning Dice, Fan Tan, as well as a staggering amount of Crash games. You can play Plinko, Aviator and much more here!
- Crash Games: BetComets has a special subsection of its website for those, even though they can be found where we just mentioned.
- Virtual Racing: Fans of sports can bet on horse and hound races here.
- Fishing: This category includes games like Calorie Killer, Alien Hunter and others.
BetComets is a pretty good casino. However, in order to play here, you need to make sure you're on board with its downsides. Mainly, these are the lack of bonuses and the single means of payment. If they don't bother you, there are tons of fun to have here, with thousands of games from top tier game suppliers. Moreover, since the casino is licensed, it can guarantee your safety too, if you decide to play there!