Table of contents
Alcazar is a brand new online casino, and that will instantly make it attractive for a certain group of players. If you are one of them, you are certainly thrilled by the possibility that Alcazar will have some kind of interesting bonus for signing up, or some new and exciting games to play. That is generally true for casinos which have just launched, but this one proved to be quite different. It is lacking in a staggering amount of different areas.
For example, there are almost no promotions available, there are barely any game suppliers it partners with and its Terms and Conditions lack any information on its payment policies. The casino has a focus on crypto too, and only accepts two tokens. That is pretty limiting. Despite this, Alcazar deserves a thorough looking into – there are some things that it does right. The following review will do just that, going over the most relevant details of the casino experience with Alcazar. Let's start with its bonuses:
A casino's promotions are one of the most unique aspects about it. They are what truly sets most houses apart from one another. So it would have made sense that Alcazar would launch with several interesting bonuses, but that is not the case. Here are the two promotions which are available at the time of writing:
|Cash out limit
|Sign Up Bonus
|100% up to 777 USDT
One of the worst things about them is the fact that the casino does not have its Bonus policy outlined anywhere on the website. This means that crucial aspects like the wagering requirements and the cash out limits which are possibly parts of some of the promotions are nowhere to be seen. If we were to speculate on the wagering requirement, though, it is likely between 30x and 40x. What these numbers represent is the amount of times most casinos require you to turn a bonus over before you can withdraw it. Cash out limits are not a part of most bonuses, and it is more likely than not that Alcazar has not implemented them. Now, let's take a closer look into the two promotions:
- The Sign Up Bonus is pretty deceptively named. That is because you might think the casino will hand it out when you make an account, and you'd be wrong. The bonus needs to be claimed by wagering a certain amount of money. Once you sign up, you can see a bar on top of the screen. It says that you need to wager 500 USDT to be able to get the 10 USDT bonus. That is pretty ridiculous, because it means that Alcazar is running a bonus which requires quite investment to claim. For reference with other casinos, they often hand out such bonuses for free and players love No Deposit Bonuses! Not to mention that we don't know what the actual wagering requirement is once the bonus is received. It would be unfair to have one because the player has already practically completed a 50x wagering requirement!
- The other type of bonus is the Welcome Bonus. This is a special deposit incentive, which lets you get up to 777 USDT from your first deposit. The promotion is much better outlined than the other bonus, and has the following conditions: First off, there is a minimum deposit requirement of 10 USDT to claim any bonus. That is pretty low compared to the rest of the casinos out there, which mostly require between 10 USDT and 20 USDT to hand out their welcome offers. Secondly, we know the wagering requirement of this bonus – it is 40x, which is fairly reasonable. As we mentioned above, that is the higher bound of what is considered acceptable by casinos these days. There's no information on cash out limits, but the bonus does expire in 30 days. In general, this is a fairly high timeframe the player is given to utilize the promotion. However, despite this, we still have no clue as to one of the most important aspects of any bonus – what percentage of your funds are added as Bonus money. It is possibly 100%, though the language on the website of Alcazar does not make that explicitly clear.
All in all, the bonuses of this casino are an area in which it desperately needs to improve. Luckily, since it is a newer house, it is fairly likely that it will do so, by adding more promotions. These can include more deposit bonuses, there can be promotions which feature Free Spins, or are only active on special days of the week and so on. There are a lot of ways for Alcazar to develop its own unique bonus policy, and we hope to see it do that.
Regulation is a very crucial aspect of any casino's services. Without it, there are no guarantees that the house will follow the rules set out by the various regulatory bodies out there. And these rules are made with the player in mind. Is Alcazar a licensed casino?
At the time of writing, we have to answer negatively. This house does not mention regulation at all. We know that its parent company is called Alcazar World LTD, but that leaves us with little information on where it is headquartered. While that does not automatically mean the casino is going to engage in any shady behavior, there's no way to benefit from the protections we mentioned above. Here is what these are:
- Most regulatory bodies try and make sure that the players' data is stored safely. This is important, because casinos need to perform various KYC and AML checks in order to process transactions from their clients. During them, they process a lot of sensitive information from players, regarding their names, addresses, payment details and much more. It is crucial that this information does not leak, or the casino's website does not get hacked, because that can harm you in some pretty obvious ways. This is why licensed casinos are required to encrypt it, using some of the strictest security protocols known nowadays.
- The second kind of player-friendly policy that most license issuers require casinos to follow is for them to make sure the mental health of players is not negatively impacted by gambling. That is why they have set up various systems that license holders need to comply with. Players can make use of opt-in measures like custom time out warnings, as well as deposit limits. They can also elect to opt out of the casino entirely, which the operator of the casino needs to comply with. These measures deal with problem gambling in a responsible and healthy way, which helps foster a safer environment for everyone.
- Last but not least, most casinos these days show the RTP on the games they feature. For the unaware, this is a rating which showcases what percentage of money the player can expect to keep while playing with the casino on average. An RTP of 95% means the player gets to keep that much of their bets. How can you know whether the reported ratio is correct? That is another area in which regulators step in! They select professional auditors to go over the random number generators used in each and every game. These generators are the complex mathematical algorithms which determine the outcome of bets, and auditing them allows the player to be sure the game is not biased in any way!
The measures above are just some of the reasons why we recommend licensed casinos over their unregulated peers. Back to Alcazar, though, we hope that the house will obtain a license in the future. Since it has just launched, it is quite possible for it to do so. The most popular casino licensing destination these days is Curacao, and if Alcazar decides to get a license, one of the four bodies there is going to be the most likely to issue such a document.
On another note, here are the languages the casino is available in:
It would have been nice to see more of them, especially since the house has a pretty tiny number of countries where it does not offer its services:
This means it has a lot of potential outreach to non-native English speakers, and it would have been good to let at least some of them see the website in their native language.
Deposit and Withdrawal
There is just one method of payment which is available with this casino, and that is crypto. Now, by itself, that is already pretty restrictive. Crypto is a complex means of payment, and using it here requires the player to have an account in a third party app like Coinbase or Metamask. In other words, it is not possible to deposit to Alcazar straight from your USDT wallet, making this complex means of payment even more of a hassle. Also, trying to add a crypto wallet to your account logs you out automatically for some reason, which is fairly annoying.
There is nothing wrong with accepting crypto, and most of the casinos nowadays do so. But the really good houses also offer alternatives to depositing with the digital assets, so that anyone can have a good time playing with them. Regardless, here are the details about the transactions we know, as well as the two tokens Alcazar accepts:
Currencies: Binance Coin (BNB), Tether (USDT)
The fact that only BNB and USDT are available as deposit currencies seems to be even more restrictive! Even if you are a crypto enthusiast, you would have to exchange your tokens to these two, if you don't already have any of them.
Other than that, not much is known about the deposit policy of the casino. That is because there's no specific section of the Terms and Conditions which outlines it. We find that to be fairly disappointing, as it means another critical lack of transparency for Alcazar! There should be no fees though, as casinos charging them is pretty uncommon these days. Third party charges like miner fees need to be covered by the player. Here is what we know about withdrawals:
The only thing we are sure of with them is the fact that the casino processes them only via crypto! As you can imagine, that is pretty insufficient. Usually, the minimum withdrawal requirements for casinos are between $10 and $20, so we expect them to be in that range too here. The maximums are pretty different across the different houses, and it would be wrong to speculate about them. The same can be said about the processing times for cash-out requests. To give an average processing time, though, most casinos are able to deal with such requests in 24-72 hours. It is also not rare for them to take up to a week to be cleared, though. There should be no fees for withdrawals either, and in general, casinos nowadays don't add such charges for their players to deal with.
There is no information on any requirement to perform a certain turnover of your funds before you are allowed to cash out. That is a common AML Policy, which Alcazar does not seem to subscribe to. Furthermore, the casino does not seem to have any fees for inactive accounts, and both of these are good conditions for players.
Games and Game Suppliers
Another disappointment with the casino is the way its games library is structured. It is impossible to navigate its slots efficiently, or to sort the games in any way. Furthermore, it does not have a lot of Game Supplier partners – here is a list of the developers we found featured on its website:
Considering that the majority of casinos offer the titles of between 50 and 100 Suppliers, it is pretty unfortunate that this one only has four. Here are the games which you can play from them though:
- Slots: Even though there are not a lot of games, Alcazar partners with Pragmatic play, so beloved titles like Big Bass Bonanza, Gates of Olympus and Wolf's Gold are available.
- Table Games: This casino features just one Blackjack table and a Roulettes lobby. Other classics like Poker and Baccarat don't seem to be avaialble. The games that can be played here feature live dealers, but we would have liked to see more variety.
- Game Shows: There seems to be just one Game Show, called Mega Wheel. Once again, a lack of variety is present with Alcazar!
- Mini games: Fans of the Crash Game subgenre will find exactly three games from it in this tiny section – Plinko, Aviator and Mini Roulette
It seems that a sportsbook will be added to Alcazar in the future, but that is not present on its website at the time of writing.
Even though Alcazar is a brand new casino, we cannot recommend it. It just seems to be unfinished, and every aspect of it we covered was revealed to be missing something. So it might be best to check out one of the better casinos on top of this review instead!